Sign in to follow this  
CRE1992

Dixie Chopper XXW2600 =D

CRE1992

Well guys I sold my wheel horses, and I bought this. It doesn't compare to a wheel horse but it is most certainly a beast! The engine is only a 26hp kohler, but it is fuel injected, so that makes up for it, it has a lot of power and is actually decent on gas. It has a 72" deck and 26"x12"x12" rear tires! It is rated to tow 2000lbs. This will definitely mow a lot of grass and very fast, its top speed is 13-15 MPH and let me tell you it flies! It is a little hard to get used to because the hydro's are very very sensitive. I went to the local dealer today, and I went in to get things for a tune up. The guy at the service counter goes is this "so and so's" Dixie? I said yeah I bought it, and when I told him how much I paid for it his mouth dropped and he said he would of bought it at that price and sold it for twice what I paid... PS I paid $2500 for it

:dunno::wh:

-And do not fret! I will have another horse sometime soon!

-Duke you can't get mad at me because it has an amsoil by-pass filter! :help:

IMG_0955.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

Pictures Fixed!

HorseFixer

:thanks: Geeee I never thought I would see The Day When Ya would make the switch. :thanks: I see you now have a AMSOIL bypass filter on the tractor. :dunno: Incidentally All EA filters are rated down to 2 microns with Nano Fiber Technology No other filters are even close!! PERIOD! No doubt one of these will be on my 520-H / ONAN, And most likely will be selling these. :wh: Well anyways good luck with that contraption! :thanks: Nahhh just kiddin Hate to see ya leave us. :help:

~Duke

WheelHorseSteve

Very, very sweet! It's a good thing you kept that under wraps... sounds like it would have been snatched up at that price! Just make sure you have a push lawnmower to get into the tight spaces... and let the Dixie fly in the wide open ones. You must have a 6x12" trailer to fit the 72" deck... and it's a tight fit at that. With any the money you'll be making you'll be back into a :wh: in no time. :dunno:

Congrats!

CRE1992

Duke don't worry I'll still come on here often, and HOLY CHIT! that filter was expensive! Good thing it only needs to be changed every 200 hours! :dunno:

And also no I need an 8 or 8 1/2 foot trailer. I picked it up on a 7.5ft wide trailer and the deck end to end is 77-78" so it is rather large. The trailer has about 4-7 inches on each side when the mower was centered on it! It was a pain in the keester to take off OMG! :wh: Not again! I'm going to try this out and get used to the controls, but I think what I may do is sell it next spring if I can get two times what I paid for it, and buy something with a 60-61" deck as that would be ideal, because it is big, but it isn't tooooooo big. I like it though, the price was right, its a tank!

CRE1992

It took me 15-20 minutes to mow what it took me 1.3 hours on the 520H w/ 60" deck, and 2.2 hours with the 416H and 42" deck! Just plain crazy. After mowing with it and getting familiar with the controls, I think I will be keeping it! no resale in the near future!

truckin88

super clean, really nice....was it a landscaper or home user? how many hours? The price seems fantastic for a Dixie they command big $$$$

CRE1992

Thanks!

It was a homeowners unit he was moving and needed it gone by the end of the week, he mowed something like 9 acres every 2 weeks or something like that. According to dixie it mows 5.63 acres per hour that is with 0 overlap and full speed... It took me 20 minutes to mow 1.5 acres and I was taking my time but by no means going slow... it has 26hp efi kohler with 800 hours, it is really clean. And it is very simple to work on and maintain, the front floor board flips up, the seat flips forward. The belts are really cheap too! No more $100 mower belts from toro (60" deck)! :dunno: Only thing is it cost about 2 times what it did for my 520H for a tune up...

Reason it took long mowing with the 520H and 416H is because I was going mid speed, and making sure everything was cut. This thing just butchers grass, now I see why a lot of members mow with their zero turns, and play with there horses!

mattd860

Wow! That thing looks awesome!!! Hurry up and make some money so you can buy some Wheel Horses again.

CRE1992

Wow! That thing looks awesome!!! Hurry up and make some money so you can buy some Wheel Horses again.

It isn't the prettiest looking zero turn, but its easy to work on, and I plan on it, except I am going to need a 21" or 25/26" walk behind with a bagger for some smaller properties, that have gates, and are too small for a zero turn (less than an 1/8 of an acre) However that will have to wait until next spring to buy those as I need to get some new equipment =] Stihl BR600 Magnum blower, trimmer, and an edger.

zieg72

any updates?  I find myself in the same situation time wise.  1.5 acres, lots of trees, takes 3 hours most times because I have to go slow to cut everything well without clumping up from my 520H 48" deck. 

CRE1992

any updates?  I find myself in the same situation time wise.  1.5 acres, lots of trees, takes 3 hours most times because I have to go slow to cut everything well without clumping up from my 520H 48" deck. 

Hey zieg its great. The only problem with it is that it mows too fast lol. I might be selling it to my uncle as I don't really have a use for it, except for mowing my neighbors yard as we are going to open up the fields again, and renting out a field.. But I love it, zero turns are great. I would go with a 52" or a 60" deck if I had the option. Most likely a 52.

Goodluck

zieg72

Thanks for the reply, thinking 50-56".  Had a 60" deck before on the 520 and it gouged some spots due to uneven lawn.  I had to go so slow that the 48" would beat the total job by 20 minutes.  Just to much deck for a 20 hp Onan.  Need to really check them out.  I have a bad back and don't need to make it worse so quality of ride is going to be a big factor...