Sign in to follow this  
64lawnranger

1950's? Swisher Ride King

64lawnranger

I ran across this swisher ride king earlier in the week and couldn't pass it up! Was able to buy it from a small shop here in Warrensburg, MO where all the swisher frames were welded before being sent to the factory for final assembly. Neat piece of local history that will get a full restoration! Anyone know the year of this unit, it has a Clinton VS1200 engine...and a tiny 24" cutting deck!

p_00504.jpg

dclarke

Not sure of the year of that one. I used to mow with one similar to it when I was a kid in the 60's. My Dad bought a new one every year, I still have one that my brother uses. Mine has a 6 h.p. tecky and 32 inch cut. I've never seen one as small as yours. Cool!

wingrider

I also had one that I bought in the early 60s, it was a 6hp tecky and 32" cut

mowed 20 yards a week for several years with it. In the winter I had a vplow on the back of it, and a wing on the side of it. To get to push snow I turned the wheel around so it ran backwards and I sat on the hood to put more weight on the drive wheel. After it was wore out I cut everything off at the top of the deck

and used the plates from the front wheel and made a hitch with it, and closed up the holes where the blade shafts were, welded 2 pieces of angle iron under the deck for support, and made a nice trailer out of it for small jobs. Still using it.

Wingrider

Don1977

They built a picnic table on the front, but no beer holder, what were they thinking. :dunno::wh: :help: