Sign in to follow this  
wallfish

I gave up one of my babies

wallfish

There's a new hot rod tractor owner in CT. SALTYWRIGHT

It's his turn to get the speeding tickets now.

Russ is a great guy and I know he will take care of her instead of beating it into the ground. We had a good day at the Zagaray show in CT today. Didn't rain at all after 7:30 am and I left around 3pm. Here's a pic and short video. Trust me, it goes much faster than you'll see here.

S3607901.jpg

th_S3607904.jpg

AMC RULES

NICE, sounds like a giant killer. :thumbs2:

JimD

Ok John, now finish the story and tell us what you're going to replace it with. :thumbs2:

Sparky

WOW! You sold it! I remember takin it for a rip at the Enfield meet-n-greet......lots of fun.

Have fun with it Russ :thumbs2: !

Mike........

massey

Man, I love all that equipment in the background.

wallfish

Ok John, now finish the story and tell us what you're going to replace it with. :thumbs2:

Here's a quote from a PM I sent to Stevebo

"I do hate to see it go but it's time for a bigger, bad'r, smoke the tires and let'r rip hot rod tractor. 18 hp should do it"

Mike, A little more speed was modified into it since you took it for a ride.

Ken B

I agree, I saw Russ's face in person at the show when he pulled that hot rod upto our site. He looked like a little kid in a candy store! She couldn't have gone to a better home.

I can't wait to see what John pulls out of his bag of goodies on his next creation. The more I looked at this tractor the more impressive it really is. There is some really slick creativity just about anywhere you look.

wallfish

Man, I love all that equipment in the background.

This was way in the back of the show. They have a large area sand pit with a bunch of old equipment around it and some large stuff they operate in the pit. I love that old machinery stuff, back when a machine looked like a machine.

SALTYWRIGHT

JOHN I AM READY TO RACE YOUR NEW ROD. THANKS .....RUSS :thumbs2:

HorseFixer

Glad to see Ole Salty Join the RoundHood Club! :banghead: Way to go Russ :thumbs2:

~Duke

Retired Wrencher

:thumbs2: :banghead::banghead: John it was a great day after it stop raining. we had a great time lots of stuff to be seen and bought. nice country show with plenty to see. they even had a family that plays music by there camper. I even bought a leaf blower for a project. OHHHH I think you should post the old Girl you where riding on, real cool tractor. And Salty it was to meet you with your new tractor. Gary B......................

VinsRJ

John, can't beleive you sold it....... I agree it went to a good home.

For some reason I just keep tearing mine apart and changing it up. :thumbs2:

Coadster32

I got to take it for a spin in Kent two weeks ago....lots of fun, and fast!!

OK Russ...did you figure out where you're going to put the 5 point harness!! :banghead:

Definatly went to a good home. :thumbs2:

SALTYWRIGHT

CHRIS IT WILL GET ONE OF YOUR HORSE HEAR ON THE FRONT. THAT MIGHT IT GO FASTER. RUSS

SALTYWRIGHT

CLOCKED IT YESTERDAY WITH G.P.S. UP MY ROAD AT 32,6 M.P.H. THAT IS WITH MY NEW BELT SET UP. STILL NOT DONE WITH IT. I CUT THE HEAD 0.60. RUSS

:thumbs2:

fireman

:banghead: Russ! That awesome! I can't wait to try that out :thumbs2:

wallfish

NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never took the time to clock it

How was the steering? I wish I had added some caster to the axle before it was welded but the toe-in seemed to work well.

Did that bitchy neighbor call the cops on ya?

SALTYWRIGHT

NO, JOHN I WAITED UNTIL THEY WENT OUT. THE STEERING IS NOT TOO BAD. THAT WAS UP HILL ON MY ROAD. I WILL NOT OPEN IT UP DOWN HILL. IT FELT LIKE 100 M.P.H. JEFF YOU KNOW THE HILL ON MY ROAD. I ALSO RAN OUT OF GAS TODAY. I NEED A LEVEL ROAD TO CLOCK IT AGAIN , BUT I DON'T KNOW IF I WANT TO GO ANY FASTER. RUSS

Coadster32

Russ...you crack me up. 80 going on 16. Good for you!! :banghead: :thumbs2:

jimbotelho

russ like one of the great movies that clint eastwood made I believe he said" A MAN has to know his capabilities ' be careful russ we want you around for a very long time :thumbs .Have fun with it Big Jim :thumbs2: :banghead:

SALTYWRIGHT

CHRIS I AM NOT 80 , I AM 82 BUT STILL ENJOYING MYSELF. I SOLD MY LAST MOTORCYCLE 2 YEARS AGO. 32 M.P.H. ON THIS TRACTOR FEELS LIKE 100 M.P.H. :thumbs2: