Sign in to follow this  
Raider12

Road Trip, a very long road trip to

Raider12

Im going to feel more like an old job I had years ago. "A truck driver". My buddy Chris and are headed to Duxbury MA to pick up a 1997 520H and the to me up with a few members along the return trip. Meeting up with SGTSampay and Mrpipes and then MRC a little further down the road. The plan is to also pick up the 520H package deal from Dennist from up north of Portland ME. I'll post pics if I can from the phone as we move along.

Denver

JimD

Denver, looking forward to your pics, but the most important thing is to have a safe trip. Be careful out there. :thumbs2:

Sparky

Hauling a load like that means you aint in a Toyota Prius :thumbs2: . I hope the fuel costs are worth it all. Be safe.

Mike.......

C-Series14

Can't wait to hit the road at will one day myself! Be safe!

Ken B

Sounds like fun!

Shuboxlover

I LOVE RODIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs2::banghead::banghead:

:D:thumbs: :thumbs:

sgtsampay

Yeah I look forward to seeing you tomorrow Deven. I will also be bringing a friend along on the ride, or I will fall asleep. LOL.

spark949

Hauling a load like that means you aint in a Toyota Prius :thumbs2: . I hope the fuel costs are worth it all. Be safe.

Mike.......

Heh, sometimes the adventure is what it's all about. Just to get away and do "guy things" is worth the price of gas, and as a bonus you get a new toy. Can't ask for anything better. Good luck, I'm envious.

massey

That's going to be a fun trip. A buddy and I did a road trip about 7-8 years ago from Va to Ny to look at a B model Mack. We left at 6am and got back at midnight, didn't end up with that truck but it was a good hunt. Have a safe trip.

HorseFixer

Good luck and be safe! :thumbs2:

~Duke

JackC

Was that the low hour 520H that was on ebay recently?

dennist

Yeah, it appears that he will be coming home with that nice low hour 520.

AMC RULES

Good luck, be safe. :thumbs2:

Raider12

Yes, this unit was on ebay resently. I should have this one on the trailer at about an hour or so. (@ 11.40 or so). We are I. Worchester Ma now. Making pretty good time.

mr.pipes

A little while ago I got back home from the Oct. 1st meet and greet in Worcester MA.

It wasn't a big event but everyone that was invited or who had asked to come made it.

Weather was OK, a few sprinkles for a moment and started to get chilly as we were all leaving.

I got to meet Raider12 (Denver) and his friend Chris, both from Ohio.

SgtSampay (Bobby) who I had met before was there with his cute lady friend, both from Bangor ME.

Raider12 had traveled from Ohio to about 300 yards from the Atlantic Coast where he picked up a tractor and attachments. On his return trip from Duxbury MA he stopped on Worcester Ma to meet up with SgtSampay for another tractor and attachments. I bought a tiller off Raider12 to help lighten his load for his 10-12 hr return trip. He had one more stop in western MA to see RS member MRC.

Here are a few pics I took when Raider12 was loading up his new toys. I lost a couple pics because of a low battery in my camera so not everyone is pictured.

For me, today's meeting was pretty good. I got to meet a few new nice people, I got a WH attachment that I had been wanting and I was only 20 minutes from home.

SgtSampay's truck and trailer all unloaded.

oct-1st-worc-meet-n-greet027.jpg

Raider12 loading up one of his new 520's and two-stage

oct-1st-worc-meet-n-greet020.jpg

oct-1st-worc-meet-n-greet021.jpg

oct-1st-worc-meet-n-greet025.jpg

oct-1st-worc-meet-n-greet023.jpg

Raider12's haul all loaded up and ready to do some more miles.

oct-1st-worc-meet-n-greet028.jpg

JackC

[Yes, this unit was on ebay recently. I should have this one on the trailer at about an hour or so. (@ 11.40 or so). We are I. Worchester Ma now. Making pretty good time. ]

I was eyeing that one because you don't see ones with that low hours very often. That has to to be one of the best examples of the 520Hs since it was the last year. If I didn't have as many as I do I would have gone for it. I am surprised it was on for as long as it was. Put up some pictures if you get a chance so we can drool a little. Hopefully, it doesn't need much.

Raider12

It's 6:10am and we are home, (thank God). A Great trip and adventure. I'll post more later. After I get some sleep, Im beat. :thumbs2:

Denver

sgtsampay

Great to hear you made it back home alright Denver. We got home last night @ 3:30am and thats after we stopped twice to take about one hour breaks. Yeah, I agree with you about sleep. After I get out of work today, I'm hitting the sack for a little while. It was great to meet you all and can;t wait ot see you all again.

Jeff= Thanks for all of your help to Chelsea and I. We really apricated your help getting around the city.

mr.pipes

Jeff= Thanks for all of your help to Chelsea and I. We really apricated your help getting around the city.

No problem Bobby! More than happy to help out. It was nice to see you again and glad everyone had a safe trip.

Raider12

Well after some much needed sleep and a days work, it's still to rainy to unload the new additions. But, tomorrow is another day and the sun is supposed to shine soon. It was a great trip over all. And met some very nice people along the way as stated before. Thanks to everyone who help make this trip possible. And a special thanks to buddy Chris for being a co-driver.

IMG_9651.jpg

IMG_7233.jpg

mowjim

Have a great trip, i live in montgomery ,al my daughter and son in law live in Duxbury,ma i make the trip at least twice a year ,except for the road work its a nice ride ,,enjoy mow jim :thumbs2: