Sign in to follow this  
dlpaw

A tractor for my little boy...

CasualObserver

Fantastic story, and memories created for both of you. Thanks for sharing! :thumbs2:

JimD

That's a first rate restoration for a first rate reason. Way to go Dad! :thumbs2:

dlpaw

I have to say thank you to Scott for helping me find a snow plow for my son's tractor, and thank you to Tom for helping to deliver it closer to me! :dunno:

My son is really looking forward to snow this year. He is anxious for snowmen, sledding and pushing snow with his tractor. We finished restoring the plow just recently, and also found some tire chains that fit. My son had a chance to practice in grandpa's driveway by plowing the fallen leaves into a pile. It should be a fun winter!

Daniel

img2017y.jpg

img2020m.jpg

img2021w.jpg

can whlvr

thats a real nice toy for your son,and its good practice for when he gets old enough to drive a car

AMC RULES

Man, that last pict is priceless. :help: He looks like I feel when I'm on one of my :thanks: tractors. :wh: I sure wish I was his age again, just so I could enjoy my tractors longer. :dunno:

gattonde

Nice job on that tandem set up. I have a 704 and two grandson's. But don't have any welding skill's. Would you be interested in building this set up for me, for a cost of course.

Thanks,

Dan

gus-lopez

That is a lovely job & something he'll cherish along with the memories . :dunno:

speedyleedy

great job on the tractor & making your little boy very happy :dunno:

dlpaw

Well, today was the day!

7:00 am....it was Saturday morning and all the sudden we were awaken by the screams of a little boy....

"Hey, IT'S SNOWING!!"

"IT'S SNOWING! IT'S SNOWING!!!!!"

"IT'S SNOOOOWWWWIIIING!"

"Hey Daddy get up, you know what?! It's snowing outside! We've got to build snowmen, make a fort, go sledding and plow snow!"

I tripped over myself, pulling my boots on as fast as I could, and stretching my arms into my winter coat. My little boy was already headed out the door in his parka, and grabbing his little snow shovel off of the front stoop.

The morning cold, which my son seemed immune to, forced a shiver up my spine. I struggled to keep my eyes open in the orange sunlight which reflected off a this new white world. There was barely an inch on the ground, but the first snow of the season is always magical.

With a pull of the starter cord, the morning was no longer silent. My son dropped the plow blade with a clank, and headed down the driveway on his old Wheel Horse. Bright eyes, rosy cheeks and a wide smile, as the snow rolled off the edge of his red blade.

Have a great holidays everyone!

Daniel

rscn1271.jpg

rscn1270.jpg

rscn1268.jpg

• Like 1

Rusty'sTractors

That looks like FUN! :handgestures-thumbupright: Awesome pictures!

AMC RULES

Again, in one word, priceless! :thumbs:

TT

Beautiful Ranger & definitely a very happy boy, but c'mon dad!...... get a seat cover on there for the little feller. Those bare steel seats are cold! :omg::ychain:

I'm nominating that last picture for the 2013 calendar. :eusa-whistle: