Sign in to follow this  
wheel horse puller9623

wheel horse c-165

wheel horse puller9623

Hello i am new to redsquare and i was wondering if someone could help me? i and working on a wheel horse c-165 and i need to get new points for it i was wondering if someone could tell me where i can get them or what kind of points they are.

:thumbs2:

mavfreak

first off, :thumbs2:

You should be able to get points for a local auto parts store, or lawn and garden retailer (not a big box store i.e. Lowes or such) Get the numbers off you engine and start calling around.

Glad to see you join us here at Red Square

wheel horse puller9623

thak you

Kohler , correct? points is Kohler part # 47-150-02-S

O'Reilly Auto Parts should be able to get them from their Primeline catalog....part # 7-01029 on the points and 7-01338 for the condenser

shorts

:thumbs2:

rmaynard

I have found that Kohler points (which are now made in Mexico) are very difficult to adjust and tighten without slippage. I ordered an aftermarket set from NAPA. These point did not slip when the locking screw was tightened. They cost about $10.00.

tunahead72

I have found that Kohler points (which are now made in Mexico) are very difficult to adjust and tighten without slippage. I ordered an aftermarket set from NAPA. These point did not slip when the locking screw was tightened. They cost about $10.00.

Bob,

Any chance you'd have a part number for the NAPA points? Thanks!

--------

And wheelhorsepuller9623, :banghead:

And you might also consider replacing the condenser at the same time -- don't know why, I've just always been told it's a good idea. :thumbs2:

rmaynard

Bob,

Any chance you'd have a part number for the NAPA points? Thanks!

Ed,

I did not save the box, but it was the only set of points they had other than the Kohler brand.

Napa gets their small engine parts from Primeline , and they use the same part number

rmaynard

Napa gets their small engine parts from Primeline , and they use the same part number

You are correct. I found the NAPA ticket for the points purchase. The item number is SME 701029, same as Primeline with the exception of the dash.

tunahead72

Thanks, guys, I'll keep that in mind next time I need to replace points. :thumbs2:

algrc120man

for a long life set of points get the chevy points and cover to go with them from mid west super cub :thumbs2: :banghead:

rmaynard

for a long life set of points get the chevy points and cover to go with them from mid west super cub :thumbs2::banghead:

I purchased a set of these for my B-100. The concept is good, and they are easy to adjust, but for everyday use, I found that there is no way to properly seal them from rain, snow and dirt. The original points are sealed when the covers and gaskets are properly applied. However, there are no seals or gaskets for the Chevy points cover, unless something new has been developed since I bought mine.