Sign in to follow this  
woodman20

603 tractor deck belts

woodman20

I have a model 603 that has a 32" rear discharge deck. I need the belt information for the deck to the pto on the motor. I have been using the tractor for plowing snow.

It's been years since the deck was on. The belt has vanished.

Thanks,

Tom

nylyon

Welcome to RedSquare Your deck should be a model RM-323 which has part number 1578 which is a pair of belts. Your Toro dealer should be able to get the belts for you.

Again :whistle:

edit - The Stens part number is 238-037 you would need 2 of those.

woodman20

Thanks for the info. I just had the blades sharpened. I put the deck on and no belt. I'll try to get them for my next mow!

Thanks again!

Does anyone have the manual for the RM323 deck? It has been many years since it was on last.

TT

:D , Tom!

You're actually mowing with a 603, huh? :D

That's kind of a rare Horse to still be working, but I'm thrilled to hear it! :WRS:

Is there any chance you'd happen to have some pictures you could post here?

Karl was "on the right street, but at the wrong house" with the belt. (no offense, Coach. :whistle: )

P/N 1578 is for the 3/8" X 37" belts on the deck. (2 required -- from the 3 groove front pulley to the shaft between the "gear boxes")

P/N 1577 is the engine to front deck pulley and is a 1/2" wide X 28" long belt. This is the one you're missing and you should be able to find it at auto parts stores or small engine repair shops, along with your local Toro / WH dealer. It should actually be a fabric-covered belt so it will disengage correctly. Otherwise, the mower might try to run even when the belt tension is released.

nylyon

Missed it by | | much... Thanks for the correction TT.