igota310-8

Gator blade # help

igota310-8

So I have the 37" SD deck on my 310-8, and the Toro blades for that are the #109079

Does anyone know what gator blades would work for me, I cant find anything on google.

TY

Eric

Duff

Hi, Eric,

I had this same question a while back as I am restoring a 37" SD deck. Our fellow member bustedglass gave me an answer. I am quoting him below:

"I have the same 37" deck that you have. I have mine on a 1985 B 211-3 tractor. After a LOT of research, and computer time, I found out that there is NOT a Gator Blade made for this deck, and there is none that is adaptable. I know what you are feeling right now :whistle: . That is what I wanted to do after all the time spent. But,,, there is a mulching blade that can be made to fit this deck. It is a Snapper 19" Ninja blade, Part # 27436T ( you will need two (2) of these blades for your deck ). NOTE : You will have to drill out the center hole on the Ninja blades to 3/4" to make them fit your deck. This is the first year for my Ninja blades, and I have only been able to cut the grass once because of all the rain here, but I was really impressed with the way the Ninjas' cut. So all I can say is, go to your nearest Snapper dealer, get your Ninjas', and knock yourself out..."

Hope this helps you, and thanks again to our friend bustedglass!

Best of luck!

Deereman

igota310-8

Thanks!

Too bad about the gators, I guess chucking the Ninja Blade's in the Drillpress aint too bad tho. :whistle:

TT

MAKE SURE you test spin the blades BY HAND before mounting the deck.

The 37" deck shells have a tendency to become pushed back in front of the left blade. The 19" blade may only be 1/8" longer on both ends than the originals, but it could be enough to hit the shell.

nylyon

I wonder how gator blades would work with a recycler deck?

TT

Any reason why I couldnt drill these to fit?

http://www.amazon.com/Gator-Mulcher-Blade-...2027034&sr=1-10

They would be 9/32" shorter on each end than the originals - or a total of 9/16" less center overlap - meaning it would possibly leave a streak of uncut grass in the middle when going straight, and it would definitely streak when turning.

TT

I wonder how gator blades would work with a recycler deck?

Karl, here's an excerpt from THEIR SITE:

On standard mowers, the Gator Mulcher works best on multi-blade decks, particularly when mowing into the discharge. Mulching adapter kits are not required. For single blade applications we recommend installing a mulching kit for best results, but you will see significant mulching action even without an adapter. Gator Mulcher blades will enhance the performance of any mulching mower, single or multi-blade.

Sounds like they'd do a magnificent job. :whistle:

nylyon

I'm gonna have to get me some Gator blades and try it out.

igota310-8

They would be 9/32" shorter on each end than the originals - or a total of 9/16" less center overlap - meaning it would possibly leave a streak of uncut grass in the middle when going straight, and it would definitely streak when turning.

Right on, I have not measured a blade off my mower yet, didnt realize it was that far off.

Thanks

Eric

T-Mo

I have thought about getting some for my 48 SD on the 314. :whistle:

TT

Right on, I have not measured a blade off my mower yet, didnt realize it was that far off.

Thanks

Eric

OEM blades are 18 3/4" long. There is only about 1/4" center overlap, which isn't much cushion. As a matter of fact, if these blades are sharpened back too far they'll actually skip. (it's happened to me :whistle: )

GlenPettit

By leaving the original blades on, just below the 'Gator' blades, the slightly shorter 'Gator' blades will chop up and lift 98% of the grass, the original blades will cut any remaining glass. I find that the 'Gator' blades rarely need sharpening as they tend to keep their edge, it's the lower original ones that dull. Their lift might also increase the volume of air going to the chute, but it's the smaller pieces that reduce clumping in the chute & bags that help the most.

So you actually have six blades cutting the grass, + + + .

Michigan Glen

igota310-8

I really, Really, REALLY want a RD Deck now :whistle::WRS: :D