Sign in to follow this  
ddworkm

Finally got a tiller off Craigslist !!!

ddworkm

Woke up this morning getting ready to go jump on the ol 520 and get to mowing.....until I looked at craigslist and saw the 25 dollar wheel horse tiller a half hour from the house. Needless to say when he said he still had it i said great ill take it and im on my way. By the time i got there he said he had like 50 calls so my apoligies to all RS members who tried to ****** it up. Anyway Im pretty pumped didn't have a tiller so didn't buy to resell!!!

Attached Image

post-3-1305667118.jpg

C-Series14

What are you going to put the tiller on?

ddworkm

Well you know thats a good question. I will have to figure out what it fits and sound like a good excuse to buy a new :hide: :WRS:

refracman

I be likein your thinkin!

ddworkm

So what does this tiller fit?

Its a 07-30tl01-20187

TT

So what does this tiller fit?

Late 70's / early 80's B series LAWN TRACTOR.

Unless you also received the right-angle gearbox and related attaching brackets/hardware, it's totally worthless - even if you had a tractor it would fit.

ddworkm

Well thats awesome!!!! they need an smilie for bursting my bubble!! Is there anywhere to find those parts

c175inMA

maybe you could convert it to garden tractor use :hide:

TT

Sorry - but it is what it is. Didn't really want to burst bubbles. :WRS:

I haven't seen one in a long time and never saw one in use.

I do know they are built MUCH lighter than the GT models and aren't really intended for anything more than "fluffing up" previously worked ground.

Because of the lack of cast iron chaincase, you would have to do some very involved fabrication / reinforcement before even thing about installing the GT-style mounting bracket, and you'd still have to flip the drive system to the right side somehow.

Post an ad in the classifieds "wanted" section here on the forum. Someone might have the rest of the drive system that they might want to part with.

You might also want to check back with the seller to see if they know anything about the rest of the pieces. :hide:

VinsRJ

You are only limited by your self imposed barriers.... for $25 you find a way to make it work. :hide:

oldredrider

I have one of those tillers (found somewhere along the way) and if you were to try and convert to garden tractor use, you would also have to reverse drive direction for the tines. Personally, I think it's best use would be as a boat anchor. :hide:

stevebo

I have been in your shoes before ...once. Since the guy had 50 calls at 25 bucks maybe you can relist it for 50 bucks and if you get 1/2 the calls your odds of selling it are pretty darn good. Good luck with whatever you decide... :hide:

Gene_S

And then you list it here on RS for $100 bucks for sale... :hide:

Kelly

Last year I had a chance to buy one of those brand new in the box complete, for $100 and passed on it, I agree list it on CL for $50 and pass it on.

ddworkm

And then you list it here on RS for $100 bucks for sale... :hide:

Lol ya 100 and take 50? surely someone can use it?