Sign in to follow this  
firemankt

Help with possible B-165 acquisition

firemankt

Does anyone have any comments on a possible purchase of a B-165 from CL. I am wondering how common the hydrostatic tranny is on these. How is the Briggs engine? We have a C-160 hydro and I would like to add a similar machine, but they are hard to come by in Texas. Any info. will be helpful. Thanks.

smoreau

Its a :WRS: and not easy to find in TX so as long as the price is good, go for it. and :hide:

dgjks6

If the b-165 is a black hood, then I believe it is a vert shaft engine. Still a great tractor, but not the same as the c-160.

As far as Briggs engines I think they are fine as long as properly maintained.

Kelly

That is just a lawn tractor, not a garden tractor, and welcome

whfan74

No comparison in tractors. The C-160 is a garden tractor, where as the B-165 is much lighter duty in many aspects and should only be used for mowing. Yes it is a Wheel Horse but I would be afraid that you would think you have very comparable tractors. They both have a purpose, and can do them well. The C-160 just gives you more possibilities and historically lasts much longer.

firemankt

Thanks for the "welcomes" and for the comments. Does the lawn tractor mean the implements are not compatible, i.e. tiller, etc.?

c175inMA

:hide: The B-165 is just a lawn tractor yes the attachments would be different because it has a vertical shaft engine

firemankt

I have a b-111(I think that's right) for parts. Could they possibly be compatible?

Kelly

Yes the B-111 and the B-165 are very close, diffrent sheet metal, but basicly the same machine.

firemankt

How are the manual transmissions on the b-165? My 4 y.o. is a wizard at driving the c-160, but I don't know how the manual is. The guy selling the B-165 on CL doesn't know hydro or manual, and I don't know if I want to make the hour long trip one way for a manual. My goal is to get all four kids on a WH and have the place mowed in no time.

wheelhorse656

:hide:

KB9LOR

How are the manual transmissions on the b-165? My 4 y.o. is a wizard at driving the c-160, but I don't know how the manual is. The guy selling the B-165 on CL doesn't know hydro or manual, and I don't know if I want to make the hour long trip one way for a manual. My goal is to get all four kids on a WH and have the place mowed in no time.

My B-165 is a 5-speed manual, and guys it is not near a b-111, if I remeber right those are single cylinders, and the B-165 are opposed twins, a B-111 is an even lighter tractor than a B-165. At least in my opinion.