Sign in to follow this  
JBsDeere

Electric PTO replacement

JBsDeere

while the engine was running, pto disengaged, I heard a pop and saw sparks fly from the pto clutch. now it will not engage.

About how much money and how difficult is this to replace? Any ideas on where to buy a replacement?

catman81056

Try a post in the wanted section, or eBay, but grit your teeth :thumbs:

JBsDeere

That bad, eh?

oneroadkingman

wow that's not good hope u have deep pockets...

JimD

It would probably be cheaper to find the arts to convert it to a manual pto. There are members here who probably have the parts for a reasonable price. A post in the wanted section of the classifieds with the tractor model will most likely get you some results. :hide:

racinfool40

As Jim Said depending on the model tractor you have, You can change over to the mechanical style. I'm in the process of doing this to my 12-Auto.. Fairly easy if you have the parts and if the parts are available.Also let us know your location, Some one close may be able to help.. :hide:

JBsDeere

How does this thing come off? I removed the two 5/8" bolts that go through the bracket and crankshaft, but it won't slide off. Is there a clip or something holding it on still?

and as for the model, it's a 1971 WorkHorse 800.

Brrly1

If I remember correctly the bolt that screws in the center of the crank is like a 3" long. You'll need a bolt about an 1 1/2" longer. Put the bolt back in place and screw it back in,that should push the clutch off. I think its is like a 7/16" fine thread or something close to that. Is this an electric clutch with an 1" shaft. I might possibly have one 80.00 plus shipping. :hide:

:WRS:

JBsDeere

I don't know what size the shaft is.:hide: I will try to look it up. It is an HH80 engine, 1971 work horse. I really dont feel like spending the time to convert this to manual pto.

JBsDeere

If you have an electric pto that will fit my 8hp techy, I'll buy it. I can't verify the shaft diameter though. I've even looked through the Tecumseh parts/repair manuals online and found nothing :woohoo: