Sign in to follow this  
6wheeler

Insect control

6wheeler

I have been looking at some of the insect controllers at Fleet Farm, especially the ones for grubs. I was wondering, Does anyone know if the liquid kind like Bayer or something like that would work in a pull behind sprayer? I see it comes in concentrate form and if I could mix 25 gallon batches and spray it like that, it would go faster. My boom covers a 4' spray width, but I am not sure if I could get proper coverage. The granulated bags cover up to 10,000 sq. feet but I have about 2 1/2 acres to do so I thought about spraying instead. Any thoughts?

sawhorse

The liquid grub control products containing the ingredient imidicloprid (not sure if i spelled that one right) are sometimes mixed with water and then poured around trees for insect control. This product is taken up systemically by the roots of the tree and into the leaves. Since these products are intended for specific uses, their labeling is very specific. You are legally confined to following the label, so reading the label will answer part of your question. The rest of your question is about cost per square foot liquid versus granular grub control. But the end result will be variable depending upon the weather and the time of year the product is applied. Ineffective timing of application of either type will be costly. My advice is to get some fresh product of either type and plan ahead and calculate the weather and time of year and application rate and you will have success.

6wheeler

Thanks Jon, I have been reading the labels and I can't find any liquid controller that shows any type of sprayer application. Although, Bayer has a product that comes in concentrate form and I think I could mix it but I am going to go on their web sight and ask. I may just see about getting some Lorsban or something like like that. It is an insecticide that farmers use that is relatively safe to use as it is a granular product as well.

shorts

I don't have an answer, but in the process of researching landscape products and talking to the local nurseries I found that John Deere :disgust::WRS: is in the landscape supply buisiness and have bought up some of the turfgrass chemical suppliers.

My advice would be find your local JD landscape supplier and go make a friend at the sales counter :) the local people are very knowlegeable about product, what to use and application, how to apply it in their local area for maxim results at minimum cost :hide::beer: :hide:

WheelHorse_of_course

The best solution for grubs is "Milky Spore DIsease". It is usually in a powder form, but it may be available as a liquid.

As the name implies, it is a disease. After 1 to 2 years of treatment you will no longer need to apply it because it spreads naturally.

I know Ace hardware stores can get it, as I did so for the store where I work.

HorseFixer

The best solution for grubs is "Milky Spore DIsease". It is usually in a powder form, but it may be available as a liquid.

As the name implies, it is a disease. After 1 to 2 years of treatment you will no longer need to apply it because it spreads naturally.

I know Ace hardware stores can get it, as I did so for the store where I work.

:dunno::wh::help: Great answer! You have to put it on 6 times spring summer fall spring summer fall and your

done for 10 years what this does is the Grubs eat it and burst and each time they burst they release millions

more of these spores. No grubs no moles. On the application you can start anytime but have to go 6 times.

I use Saint. Gabriel I purchased from menards.

6wheeler

Thanks guys, I am sorry but, I just got back to this thread. Bob, is this product safe for my crazy dogs running around? I also have the harem(chickens) to think about as they roam about freely. Do I maybe need to pen them up after application? Should I water it in? Thanks again, Pat