Sign in to follow this  
CasualObserver

Wheel Horse RJ Poster

CasualObserver

Oh man... if only I had more disposable income!! :DRJ Poster

6240_1.JPG

T-Mo

Yeah, I agree. I saw that poster also and then I saw the price - ouch. Also, the book is being auction also.

Straight From the Horse's Mouth

I can't justified that price either......

Curmudgeon

Holy crappola!!! And there are DAYS left on each!

:D:P

Dale

Sparky

I once scored a Wheel Horse poster made of a tyvek type material about 24"x36" on E-bay for $15. Why so cheap you ask....he listed it as a Whel Horse Poster(note the spelling error). It was even in the next town over, about 6 miles away, so I was able to pick it up instead of payin fer shipping it.

Mike.....

Sparky

Heres a pic of it.

Mike....

WHEELHORSEPOSTER.jpg

nylyon

That is really nice, bet it'll look great in the new garage!

T-Mo

Yes, that poster is really nice. It would look good as Karl stated in the new garage.

kpinnc

My wife bought me a copy of "Straight from the horse's mouth" about 5 years ago. It is one of my most cherished parts of my whole WH collection. When I told her what they fetch on places like Ebay, she said I should sell it. She said "just xerox the pages and sell it!" I think she only paid like $16.95 for it.

Man, she just does not get it....

Then again, as much as I like it, I would never give the kind of money it's going for on Ebay. WOW!

CasualObserver

Ummm... did anyone happen to catch the ending price on this RJ poster, or even worse... the brochure that the same seller had? :D:(:P Like I said in that other topic... Someone will always have a little more money... *cough*... :( :(

T-Mo

Ummm... did anyone happen to catch the ending price on this RJ poster, or even worse... the brochure that the same seller had? :D:(:P Like I said in that other topic... Someone will always have a little more money... *cough*... :(:(

I know the poster went for $202.50, the book went for $102.50. But I didn't know about the brochure, so I'm not sure what it went for.

CasualObserver

Terry, the brochure brought $342.00 :D :P

T-Mo

Terry, the brochure brought $342.00 :D:P

What???? :( I guess I need to start saving my brochures and placing them on ebay.

nylyon

When I get to the point to spend that much money on a poster, my collection would be complete.

CasualObserver

Being an accountant... I would hope someone bought that as a business "office artwork" expense or something, so they can at least deduct or depreciate it! :D

CasualObserver

What the hell!!! :P this guy got lucky once on the auction of that 58 RJ brochure... and now look at the new one. :(

RJ58 Brochure on Ebay

His buy it now is even more than he got for the final bid on his last one!! Greedy SOB! :D

T-Mo

What the hell!!! :P this guy got lucky once on the auction of that 58 RJ brochure... and now look at the new one. :(

RJ58 Brochure on Ebay

His buy it now is even more than he got for the final bid on his last one!! Greedy SOB! :D

Jason,

I saw that and I was going to post it here also...but I forgot. I was hoping I wasn't the only one who thought that price was outrageous. I should have been collecting all my brochures that I had (I remember picking up some back in the late '70s)!!

nylyon

Now if they threw in a copy of "Straight from the Horses Mouth" well maybe...

Mith

So how on earth do you put a price on this kind of stuff? Shove it on ebay and see what it gets?

I've got a British brochure and pricelist from '74.

Also a full set of manuals for a '68 Commando 8 tractor.

I have no interest in collecting them, reckon they are worth selling or just keep them for another 40 years?

T-Mo

So how on earth do you put a price on this kind of stuff? Shove it on ebay and see what it gets?

That's exactly I think how some of these people priced this stuff. I can see some value in this sort of thing, but from a realistic view point, these prices are absurd. I think I see too many sellers on ebay using the word "Vintage" when it's not vintage at all, or at least in my point of view.

BTW, I wouldn't mind having that '74 British brochure.

WheelHorse_of_course

This stuff IS vintage, though it is not antique.

If you have to get mad get mad at the people who use the word antique (e.g older than 100 years).

As fr as prices, each person has their own standards. More than $200 for a tractor is out of my price range, but I have managed despite that limitation.

I collect telephone and have heard this discussion in that context. I guess someone that pays outrageous prices for stuff because s/he is buying it for "investment purposes" with no interest in collecting as a hobby are the ones to despise, but even there who are we to question what they are doing - its supposed to be a free country!

Cheers

Rolf

T-Mo

This stuff IS vintage, though it is not antique.

If you have to get mad get mad at the people who use the word antique (e.g older than 100 years).

True, some of this stuff is vintage, but not all stuff I see on ebay that's described as "vintage" is vintage. I wouldn't call a 1984 JD 111 vintage, but I have saw it described that way on ebay before. The original post alluded to a Wheel Horse RJ poster, that I would call vintage. The brochure that was mentioned later on, I would call that vintage. When I made my rant.gif I was generally speaking when this topic was specific. I just think the word is used too often as is "antique" which you used.

"Vintage" - adj 1: of old, recognized, an enduring interest, importance, or quality: CLASSIC 2: Old-fashioned, outmoded 3: of the best and most characteristic - used with a proper noun. (taken from Webster's Dictionary)

CasualObserver

The sad thing is can you imagine :D how many of these posters and brochures have been, (and are being) thrown away?? :P I have no doubts that across this nation there are surely some families going through old estates of their parents and grandparents who are just chucking this stuff in the trash! :o If only they knew!! :(

And how many old dealership owners still have boxes full packed away in attics and basements that have never even been opened? Ahhh... to dream. :( All the more reason to go to all the old estate auctions you can!! :(

T-Mo

I couldn't agree more. I would love to see what brochures are stacked away at the local dealerships in my area. I even thought of asking if they had any old ones they wanted to get rid of. :D

nylyon

Isn't that still the case today, how many auto sales documents have you tossed, magazines, and so forth. I suppose that everything is collectable to someone, the challenge is how much so?