Sign in to follow this  
bustedglass

What's wrong with my tractor ?

bustedglass

Hi Guys,

I am opening this thread up again to give an update. The mechanic finally picked my tractor up Saturday, and called me yesterday to tell me that the motor had went South :D , and a replacement would cost me $ 600.00 + labor (about $ 300.00 :dunno: ). I told him to bring the tractor back to me, which he did yesterday afternoon.

My neighbor found a one year old 12.5hp Briggs vert. for a Hundred Bucks :WRS: . He picked it up this morning. He said he saw it start and run, and everything looks and sounds good :D .

He is putting it in now, and says that I should be cutting grass tomorrow :D .

I hope my little horse can handle that extra 1.5hp that i am giving her :whistle: .

I will tell you, when you are handicapped, and only having basic mechanical skills, it sure makes a guy feel good to have good friends like my neighbor, and my Cybor Neighbors' here at Red Square.

Thanks for letting me share...............

nylyon

Mike that is really nice to hear! Just when the world seems too fall apart, some neighbor goes and does this for ya. Glad you'll be back in business, with more power grunt... grunt (in a Tim Allen way).

HorseFixer

Mike I'd say you may want to look into another mechanic.... :whistle:

He may have a point if you are restricting the exhaust.

I'm going to side with Jim...I'd say your stack is less restrictive than the stock setup.

I agree "yer mechanic is full of cow chit" :D notice I didn't mention HORSE HERE! :D Some mechanics when they dont know what they are talking about they invent reasons. I agree with Stephen you have less restriction and altho I know you need a certain amount of backpressure I dont believe exhaust is an issue here. If you can afford a Kohler that would be a nice upgrade and something that will run that horse for many years to come! :WRS: My 2 cents

Duke

bustedglass

Well the new engine is in, deck is back on, and I am cutting grass :WRS: .

Put it in third, dumped the clutch, :whistle:, with my big butt on this little thing, I had some serious air time. I think I will just use it for what it is meant for - cutting grass :D .

T-Mo

Mike,

I'm so glad to hear you'll up and running again and that your neighbor step up and did this for you. It's good to know that another Wheel Horse was saved and is out doing what it was intended to do. :whistle:

Rollerman

Mike thats good news & glad to hear your back up & running again on your pride & joy. :whistle:

Kelly

Glad to here you are back in the seat again with more pony's to boot.

It's nice having good people around.

What goes around come's around

TT

:whistle:, Mike! Glad to hear you're up & cutting! :WRS:

Now you need to hit Terry Dennis up for some custom 212.5 - 3 decals. :D

linen beige

Now you need to hit Terry Dennis up for some custom 212.5 - 3 decals. :D

Out standing idea! :WRS:

Great to hear you're up and running again, and I'm not the only 'Horseman in Ky. that can't resist the occasional urge to dump a clutch! :whistle:

Is your neighbor going to do an autopsy on the old powerplant? I'm interested in knowing just what it looks like inside.

HorseFixer

Terry called me this afternoon and he has few more decals for my trailer, :D he told me to tell you all hey! :WRS: And even tho he doesnt personally have a horse he feels like he does prolly cause he has a little piece of himself on alot of tractors he has made decals for. He says one of these days he will make it to the show! Terry is a swell guy they dont make um any better! :whistle:

Duke

perry

It's nice having good people around.

What goes around come's around

you got it :whistle:

Teddy da Bear

Glad to hear things worked out well for you!

Keep that ol engine! The mechanic telling you it "went south" isn't very descriptive.

It could still be an easy fix if it was something simple. You may want to do the rebuild yourself. Then you will have a back up engine!

Put it in third, dumped the clutch, whtractor/omg.gif, with my big butt on this little thing, I had some serious air time. I think I will just use it for what it is meant for - cutting grass

Look now guys! He went from "broke down" to now doing "hole shots"! :whistle:

ummmm....same thing happened to me when I put 3 more hp in my A-51!....lol

bustedglass

Thanks guys for all of the good and kind words. I don't know what my neighbor is going to do with the old motor. Friday was garbage day, it might have allready gone to the landfill :WRS: . I will have to find out.

I plan on painting my little "BABY" this fall. That custom decal idea sounds good. I will look into it when the time comes.

In the meantime, thanks again to everyone that shared in my tractor story, and to everyone that is going to the "Big Show" next weekend, have a safe trip, and :whistle: ......