Sign in to follow this  
Carlsbarn

Sweeper

Carlsbarn

Did Wheel Horse ever make a front mount sweeper or angle broom ? I think Bolens did.Maybe one somebody built ?

MikesRJ

There was, I think, a Brinley front mounted model. I believe I have a manual or advertising page for it. If I find it I'll edit this post.

EDIT:

Nope, was half wrong. An Angle Broom Sweeper was made, but not by Brinley. Part of what was known as the "Allied Attachments".

Mars Industries Inc.

5209 N. Broadway

Minneapolis, MN 55429

Somewhere around 1970, page 5 of the PDF

http://www.mywheelhorse.com/graphics/file/...atalog_1970.pdf

MikesRJ

Updated

Kelly

Like this one?? made by Sweepster here in MI. not the best picture, but in a few weeks it will be back on to clean the stones out of the yard after winter plowing.

100_3107.jpg

mr.pipes

Kelly, are those new brushes on your sweeper? If so do you remember where you got them? I picked one up and I think I am going to put new ones on for the lawn this spring.

Kelly

Yes they are new, I looked up on the net for suppliers, I don't remamber the co. name, but they were the cheapest I could find, with shipping I have around $240 in brushes, not cheap but like new now, I put alot of work in rebuilding that broom, all new bearings and chain, built a new center shaft for it, the orig. was tubing and broken on one end, where a bearing seized, I used solid bar stock, I since then have had 2 more of these sweepsters and both had soild bar stock centers, but mine was built in 1976 the others were newer.

pfrederi

Here is my Sweepster. Note the added on casters. If you are using it on a hard surface they are a great idea as she is very very nose heavy otherwise. They do not however work on soft (grass/sod), which is what I use mine for sweeping the gravel/stones back onto the driveway and the road.

c40a1f123910528.jpg

hm12460

Kelly, you need to bring that bad boy up here to Muskegon for the afternoon tomorrow! I tried very hard not to plow stones from the driveway onto the grass, but you probably know how that turned out.

repairman

Is there a company still making these sweepers?

Operator

Look at my Avatar, That one came off a Case GT. I rebuilt the sub frame to fit my Horse. Works great. I also picked up another one a little bigger 60". Going to see if my C-195 can handle that one. They work great gettin rocks and sand out of grass after the winter plowings.

wallfish

I built mine from a MB walk behind. It can swivel in both directions with 5 locking positions like a snow blade.

broomrear.jpg

broomapart.jpg

belttensioner.jpg

frontbroom.jpg

rotarybroomfront.jpg

AMC RULES

Bunch of Sweepsters on ebay right now. Do a search. :thumbs:

Operator

Nice job :thumbs: John

mr.pipes

Kelly, Was that made for a :thumbs: or did you have to fab something? Does it lift like a single-stage blower? I have an ariens sweeper that you swap with a snowblower bucket. I have thought about possibly attaching it to a tractor at some point.

Kelly

It is a factory unit made for a WH, I've had 3 units for WH, one for a Simplicity, mine mounts in the mid and front attach matic points, it is HEAVY and helps to have a spare set of hands to install it, the unit pictured is lifted by a cable that runs under the tractor to a pulley, and then to the rockshaft, I had a unit that had electric lift, I sold that to another member here, I called the co. here in MI. that made these units, they no longer make them for the WH, but still make them for other brands, more like bobcat, bigger equipment constuction use, he sent me a parts break down of my unit, I needed the hood mine was broken orig. was plastic, no longer available, I bought a sweeper just for the hood, but 90% of the sweeper can be rebuilt with parts from TSC.

zieg72

Curious if they work for leaf clean up? I would assume they would if the leaves were dry.

Kelly

I tried mine for leaves last fall, I'll never do that agian, onans suck lots of air in the intake screen, and it pulged every couple min. i did not want to over heat my engine, and the leaves packed in the brushes, I spent 20 min. cleaning leaves out of them, wet leaves might work better.