Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Round hood project

Horse'n Around

Kelly, That turned out really good. I like the way the lights look in it.

John

Kelly

Well I have been using this with the old rubber on it, I've had new tires most of the time I was working on it, and wheels picked out, I just needed to paint them, well I found a guy a week or so ago that live 6-7 miles from me that does powder coating so I thought I would let him do some wheels, to see how they turned out, I had them blasted already, so all he had to do was coat them, I picked the color it's a little light, or too white but it looks good, I need to put the weights back on, and get the deck refurbished so I can mow with it next, I did pull the roller around with it, got lots of looks from passer buyers :hide:

100_3571.jpg

The rear tires are 23x10.5x12 Duro, on 8.5 wide rims from a Bolens they have a deeper offset but works with the 8 speed in the round hood I think, the fronts are Deestone 4.80 tri ribs, I like the look of that brand.

100_3572.jpg

c175inMA

how about a plow and give that hydro lift a workout

Horse'n Around

That really turned out great Kelly. The tires look perfect on it and I bet they perform even better.. Super job on it.

John

neil

Superb job (LOVE IT ) i have a set of Duro,s ags on one of tractors and i think they look really cool

nice job Kelly

Martin

looks great kelly!

im sort of doing the 1054 the same way. although im using powder on just about everything, just because its easier for me. mechanically (as in all the worn out stuff) have all been done and im more interested in having a nice tight operating tractor than one that is cosmetically perfect (for lack of a better word-nothing is perfect). i want to use mine and i want it to look like i use it, but i also want to clean it up and have it look shiny and with color.

i plan to do something nice in the future, not rush it, but now isnt that time and the 1054 isnt that tractor.......

yours looks really nice in the pictures though. definitely like your updates and the rear wheels. have you used powder for much in the past and are you happy with the way the wheels turned out?

HorseFixer

Looks good Kelly! :hide:

mr.pipes

got lots of looks from passer buyers :WRS:

100_3571.jpg

I bet, it looks great on that nice green lawn. :hide:

AMC RULES

How did that Eastwood tank sealer work out for you Kelly...still holding up well? :popcorn:

Andrew Martin

You did an Awesome Job Great detail!

jcb857

Like always you do great work. Looks great!!!

Kelly

Well Craig, the sealer is blistering in this tank, I took long needle nose pliers and pulled a few sheets out, not sure why it did it??? I'm guessing the smooth alum. maybe I should have blasted it on the inside when I had it apart, to give it something to bite to, I used it in my daughters steel tank and it still looks like new inside.

And Thanks guys, this thread is a bit old, I've had a snowblower on this and it did ok, I pull the lawn sweeper and roller with, I have the cast iron WH weights back on it, I have a snow plow waiting to be installed as we speak, if I get time it will be on it this weekend, I have a few scratches in it, I hate the small round seat I need to change it it hurts my butt, I have to take my wallet out when driving this for very long, the HY pump has a small drip that is driving me nuts, there is a plug in the main case I changed it, added Teflon tape to it and it still leaks a drip, not a big deal but it makes a mess s it drips on the drive belt guard and runs back, I had to put another gen. on it, so it would charge right, and I just stuck it on to test it, well it worked so it stayed on, and I never painted it, the paint is dull now not near as shinny as it was when I finished it, but it's rattle canned I expected that, and it has spent weeks outside at a time, but all in all it's a cool worker.