Sign in to follow this  
rustbucket

progress report and pictures so far.

rustbucket

thanks i hope to be at next years show qith her all prettied up seeing as how the GT-14 is the tractor of the show next year.

rustbucket

my dad probably would look good behind the wheel of an old round nose but good luck to me trying to find one in my price range and hauling location. ah wells always next years show. i may have a line however on two other tractors that look like horses both at the same house left out of the barn and haven't moved in what i can say years so who knows maybe two more freebies or at least cheapies.

rustbucket

cat_0_arms.jpg

workable looking lift arms with the cross chains.

i know steve they are not wheel horse arms but all im looking for is something to use till i can find a pair of proper arms and drop links.

the arms i have yet to buy maybe next payday but they are class 0 and only run about 150 bucks from http://www.weekendfreedommachines.com/advertisers/ruegg/

rustbucket

i know i prolly should start a new post about the new tractor i will be getting but well i think ill post here first and see i went and looked at a 653 or thats what the side panel says and it is pretty solid and all there. has a 6 hp kofhler that the owner says is not original but has the pull start on it. i can see the sheet metal is not correct cause it has the spot for a gear drive starter to go into it. the deck has a few small holes and the hood has one itty bitty one on the side where the sheet metal doubles on itself to form the lip. ill post pics and such when i get it and bring it home. also getting a modded 42 inch plow.

refracman

Jason if them arms work out for I wouldn't worry about getting the "WH" ones for the price your paying.

And for the 633once ya get do start a new thread

if the flywheel has a ring gear for a starter I'd put one on if there is room for a battery. electric start is nice, it beats pull startin them

rustbucket

the sheet metal says 653 steve not 633 but we shall see what it realy is when i get it and post the serial code for the guru's to pic threw.

rustbucket

sorry i sounded snooty steve was kinda out of it for that last post i made. not trying to make enimies only friends.i do apolagise fully for comeing acrost a bit up nosed and snooty.