Sign in to follow this  
privateer

bulb replacement/ light question

privateer

I have a C-120 that has a few bulbs out. One of the front bulbs and the tiny rear bulb are shot. I checked the connections and they are getting juice.

Does anyone know the bulb replacement numbers for each and is this something that my local hardware or NAPA will carry?

Also, I noticed that the area the front bulbs is encased in is dull to the point that I think it does a poor job of reflecting light. Was this aluminum area more reflectiive when it left the showroom?

I'm looking to increase the light reflection by adding some HVAC aluminum tape? The lights are bright but I think they can do significantly better. Or is there another solution to increase my light output. Aluminum paint? I have a few old cans of 60's Rusto spray that is in my collection of vintage paint cans that I could use also.

Any input appreciated.

Rich

rickv1957

The front bulb takes the old # 1156 bulb

Sparky

Paint the inside of the housing bright gloss white and you'll get better output.

Mike.........

Anglo Traction

I have a C-120 that has a few bulbs out. One of the front bulbs and the tiny rear bulb are shot. I checked the connections and they are getting juice.

Does anyone know the bulb replacement numbers for each and is this something that my local hardware or NAPA will carry?

Also, I noticed that the area the front bulbs is encased in is dull to the point that I think it does a poor job of reflecting light. Was this aluminum area more reflectiive when it left the showroom?

I'm looking to increase the light reflection by adding some HVAC aluminum tape? The lights are bright but I think they can do significantly better. Or is there another solution to increase my light output. Aluminum paint? I have a few old cans of 60's Rusto spray that is in my collection of vintage paint cans that I could use also.

Any input appreciated.

Rich

Hi Rich, You don' know how much of a co-incidence your post here is.

Last night , I ordered some new Bulbs. They are SMD LED type that produce Xenon White light and are equivilent to the standard 21w 1156 bulb.

They have put 68 LEDS into these bulbs and should be twice as bright as the Incandecent one's. They also reputedly last up to 50,000 hours

They also run cool and use a fraction of the juice. This is where I plan to do the same as you and increase the reflectivity (if such a word exists) with Adhesive backed foil, as well as seal off the vents to keep them clean.

The Buckets were originally painted white to reflect light, but I sprayed mine silver and works well at the moment.

So if you can give a few days to receive these bulbs, I'll post my findings when I've tried them out.

Cost- for me incl shipping is

gwgdog66

The rear bulb is 8043 for a 1975 C-160. Which I think are no longer available from Toro. Napa or someplace may be able to cross it to a newer bulb.. My brother replaced his rear light assy with some $5 replacements from Tractor Supply. They fit perfectly.

privateer

As always thanks for the great info.

Rich, I would certainly be interested in those LED bulbs. Price sounds very reasonable too. Can you forward me the info?

Rich

MaineDad

I am interested in those LED lights too