Sign in to follow this  
johnsr11

Wiring diagram for workhorse gt-1848

johnsr11

Hello everyone. I acquired a workhorse gt-1848 earlier this year. However, the wiring was completely messed up on it. It was impossible to use the key switch and you had to flip a toggle switch and then jump the solenoid to start the tractor. I wanted to fix the old girl up right but I can not find a wiring diagram. She has an 18hp Briggs and Stratton motor. Model # 422437-0663-01. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, after attempting to fix it, she then wouldn't even start. I had changed some of the wiring around to what I thought was right, but was wrong. It melted the wire leading down to the ignition coil, after I did not have spark after that I replaced the ignition coil and fixed the wire, along with replacing the key switch. I still do not have spark however. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Operator

First I have to say :thumbs:

Then we have a couple great wireing experts, they'll chime in here when they see the magic word "wire nproblems" :banghead:

Randy

TT

:thumbs:

DON'T APPLY POWER TO THE MAGNETRON COIL ! ! ! ! !

That wire gets grounded to kill the spark.

It's not battery ignition - it's self-powered. You burnt one up, and now probably the second one is cooked too. :banghead:

Here's a link to the manual - schematic is on page 30: LINK

johnsr11

Thank you very much to both of you!!! I am going to give this a try and will let you know what I come up with! Thanks again for all your help, it was greatly appreciated.

TT

If you need anything else, just ask. :thumbs:

(I have one too. :banghead: )

GT184810-25-09007-1.jpg