Sign in to follow this  
matt middleton

Trouble with spark

matt middleton

hi, thanks for letting me join this forum. i would like to start a topic about a problem i had a couple of weeks ago.

I aquired a 312-8 from a friend of mine about a year ago. it has a mower and a tiller. the tractor runs great until about a month ago when one day i went go suck up leaves and the tractor stalled and i could not get it started . I played around with the wires thinking some safety switch was malfunctioning but noting happend.

i crossed over the seliniod and got it crank over but no spark with the key on. so i pulled the battery out and played around with the connection on the back of the ignition switch. put the battery back in and she fired up. i continued to use it for a couple hours until it started running like crap, backfiring and lackin power. It was below freezing that morning so i thought there was crap in the gas. A couple weeks went nuy until we got our first snow, i paniced and prepared for "the big blizzard", but she was still running like crap. i tried draing the bowl, checked the igntion wires behind the air shroud from when there a mouse nest in there, and dri-gas. until i had a brain storm, i pulled the battery back out , pulled the igntion switch out and called my local parts store. They had one! i was so excited. i put the new one in and it ran beutiful. I finished plowing the driveway with ease. if i didnt think back to when i frist had trouble with it not cranking and no spark i would have never figured it out.

Coadster32

:D Glad to see you figured out the problem. Sounds like you'll fit right in around here. :ychain: