Sign in to follow this  
Pollack Pete

New Little Brother

Pollack Pete

The squaw and I made a little road trip yesterday to pick up a 42 inch mower deck and a tiny York rake.The guy I bought them from had this RJ-58 sitting off to the side.Of course,it had to come home with us.Don't know if I'll restore it or play with it as-is.Wrong wheels and tires on the back,but it still looks kinda neat.Steering wheel is broken and the steel seat is pretty well shot.Anyone got a steering wheel and seat they want to sell?I can't believe these 52 year old tractors survived.Enjoy the pics.

PB070407.jpg

PB070408.jpg

wheel horse 1045

looks like a good restore project :thumbs:

VinsRJ

Looks like a good starting point for a resto. When you say the steering wheel is broken, do you mean just the rubber or do you mean the spokes? The rubber can be repaired and depending on how loose the spokes are will determine the course of action needed to repair them.

I have a couple steering wheels which have good spokes but do have some cracks in the rubber. All can be repaired.

As for the seat, they come up on ebay and/or a "wanted" add here on RS will get you what you are looking for.

jackpot21n

Thats one tough lookin little tractor!!! Love the big wheels and the stack! Gotta paint the wheels for sure though.

Me Like! I would just play as is.

squonk

Love the "Mickey Thompson's " on the back :) No pics of the little yorkie? I bet it's the same model I see at auctions that always has some joker that bids crazy money on it. :thumbs: