Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Load Ranger 3 point testing

Nick

The UPS man came with a few bits for the Load Ranger today. :thumbs: I had to use all but 4 extra straight fittings (sent for 45s and straight just in case) and one other that it turns out I didnt need.

finishparts001.jpg

The 3 spool valve is something even Rube Goldberg could be proud of. :thumbs: It was real fun trying to get all those fittings tight.

finishtest002.jpg

The box blade is just over 45" and has 4 rippers. The finished weight was around 115 pounds. Sounds like rain tomorrow so dont think Ill get a good test in dirt for a while. Also building a new mounting system so I can use the old C-195s 50 pounds wheel weights for some traction and stability.

finishtest001.jpg

A little testing video. :D

th_finishtestmovie.jpg

kpinnc

Nick, That is the coolest thing I've seen yet! :thumbs:

And on a Ranger too? Entirely too much! You've got one of a kind there. :thumbs:

Fast work too! The Bronco is still in pieces!

I gotta get to work....

Kevin

Kelly

Very nice I like that, all on a Ranger that by it's self is just so cool. looks like a coat of paint and your ready.

Rollerman

Nick thats just too cool & you did the build in record time!

Whats next a Go, go gadget arm that unfolds out of the hood? :thumbs:

kpinnc

Whats next a Go, go gadget arm that unfolds out of the hood?

Stephen, if he does that, he's giving up the blueprints...

Kevin

Nick

Things are getting tight so I dont think the Ranger will get any more attachments bolted onto her. Just need some more attachments for the 3pt now. The sears tiller might get a test and I would like to build a landscape rake. Other than that I think she might just get a rattle can paint freshen up and some decals. :thumbs:

Tried out the weight frame/trailer hitch today. It can lift the 200 pounds of weights no problem but adding the trailer tongue weight was bit much. Might be able to do it with the 110 pound bucket is mounted up front. :thumbs: Maybe someday I'll drive it down to the scales and see what she weighs fully loaded.

trailerhitch001.jpg

Rollerman

Nick have you put an electric start on the Ranger yet....or still just a pull start?

Nick

Stephen, It is still rope start not much room for the starter and a battery. In warm weather it will start on a couple pulls. I did have an eye on those 6hp rope start diesel engines but I think even the smaller 6hp would be a tight fit. Might just try one of those on another project someday.

Nick

My brother wanted something to show at work so I put together a new video with some footage I shot today. :whistle: I thought I would also get some test pictures with a plow but after 4' the Lawn Ranger pulled it apart. The old adjusment stop pin couldnt handle the power. :WRS: Maybe next time.

Lawn Ranger Video

Used the big equipment to haul the heavy Ranger. :D

hauling.jpg

Stigian

Nice work and nice vid Nick :whistle:

kpinnc

Well Nick, no one can say you just made a 3 point for looks, because it appears to be pretty darn effective too!

I really dislike on some sites, with some people, they say things like "it was just a toy made to look like a big tractor" or some garbage like that.

You got something to prove otherwise, even if you hadn't added the hitch! And now with the 3 point, you've got a truly unique working machine. I doubt anyone will top that on a modification.

Very impressive fab work, and nice "told ya so" video to boot! :whistle::WRS::D

Kevin

CasualObserver

Nick, your fabrication skills are amazing. Your work is quick and well done. Thanks for the video! :whistle:

Nick

Thanks for the compliments guys. So far it looks like the 3 point hitch is going to work out nicely. But I will be the first to admit that up close your going to see things that are out of square and much less than precision constructed. If it gets done quick, doesnt look to bad and it works. I'm happy. :WRS:

Kevin, I also get people like that at the local show. I dont think some of them believe me when I say it will lift over 500 pounds. I like to have the forks on so I can lift the trailer or something for a little show. :D

Went back out tonight to give the plow another try. I dont know if it was the very hard packed ground, misadjusted plow or part of it was just driver incompetence but it didnt plow the best. Maybe the Industrial tractor just wasnt supposed to plow a garden. :whistle: Also had to pay $39.50 for the license plate on my 5x10 trailer so I didnt have to haul it on the tri-axle gooseneck. With gas over $3.59 now the lighter trailer might pay for itself.

th_plow001.jpgth_plow002.jpgth_plow004.jpg

kpinnc

That plowing looks OK to me Nick. And you'll never need weights up front either. Just scoop up some dirt, and viola! Instant weight!

My 3 point has plenty that is out of square, and I haven't rushed a thing!

Great tractor Nick!

Kevin

KyBlue

Nick, Those are some great Mods!

I spent a bit of time looking thru the photobucket pictures you have, and it answered alot of the questions that I had about the mounting of and the workings of the 3pt hitch... now ya got me wantin to put one together for my B ... Hahaha

Very nice Fab Skills you've got!

Drydock

:banghead: And to think I was proud of myself for shoehorning an HM-80 into my 66 Ranger. But wait! I can bolt a pump, uh, here, and run it off the Aux PTO, put a tank here I think, rig up a 3 point . . . :horseplay:

HorseFixer

Truely Amazing Nick! :banghead: The only thing that thing is missing is a dash mounted bobble head doll and an air horn! :USA: I have some garage clean up to do this fall and Im fixin to show some of my Fabrication Skills. Stephen Has Seen my Garage and Equipment Just brought home a horizontal Wet Bandsaw the other day Seeing yer VIDEOS GET THE FABRICATION JUICES FLOWING! :omg: Nice Job!

Duke

Nick

Drydock, Now ya got the idea. :banghead: Since I gave up and went for the 3 point you could also be first to build the Lawn Ranger mini backhoe. :omg:

Duke, I just have a small jet bandsaw and I still do a lot of cuts with my angle grinder and cutting wheels. I think some of my best work is from scrap pile parts that I make fit the project. :thumbs:

The real thing I notice is that I posted test shots of the 3 point back in April but I still have not done the finish work on it. :USA:

BairleaFarm

Do you have any shots fromt he rear with nothing attached?