B-8074

She Doesn't Know

B-8074

Found a C-175 that I'm going to go look at today. She "the wife" has no idea :) that I'm am. Let you no what happens later. If I get it I might hide it at the neighbors. :USA::wh: Details and pics to follow later. Wish me luck :)

• Like 3

fireman

Always remember "IT'S EASIER TO GET FORGIVENESS THAN PERMISSION".

Just bring it home and park it next to the other one!

VinsRJ

If I get it I might hide it at the neighbors. :):wh:

I've "hid" a number of tractors at my brothers house. Works like a charm. :USA:

stevebo

The newbee collector... we have all been there and done that !!

Vin, I will be here for ya like in the past to help you recoupe the other half of your multiple tractor deals that get stored at Matt's house :USA: Just make sure you leave the better half over there. Be sure to call me first as he is now a wheelhorse collector and I would not want sloppy thirds ..... :)

racinfool40

:USA: not laughing at you laughing with you been there done that. What worked for me was: Honey I'm gonna fix it up and sell it off: Then she see's how nice it is and say's wow you can't get rid of that worked twice so far!!!! :)

whfan74

Been there done that as well.........actually one I picked up not too long ago I said was for her. :wh: Had to find a hydro.......didn't want to hear the gears grind on the 8 spd. :)

The last one I picked up I said is for my kids.......granted they are 4 and 18 months! :)

Even though there was truth in both of these stories it is always nice to have a "story" to lessen the blow! :USA:

jpmcleod

We are all alike. I bought one last week and she still doesn't know it. She won't come out to my shop as I have told her about the spiders and accasional snakes. I really haven't seen a snake but she doesn't know that.

I hope you enjoy the C-175 as I have one and it is one of my favorites.

Good luck hiding it.

• Like 1

Redbird

Get her one, go out riding with it (not work or mowing) Let her "polish" it up and take her to a show to show it herself. It won't take long if it's hers. I've always loved tractors so it's never been a problem when my hubby gets another one. Right now he has 31 and I have 6. Working on getting #7 :)

Birdie :USA:

rydogg

I had problems "sneaking" them home in the beginning but now that I have a bunch of them she doesn't know the difference if I add another every now and then they all look the same to her she also has a problem with spiders so I don't have to worry about her looking in the machine shed or the other old buildings on the farm :)

kpinnc

My wife never minds me getting more tractors- as we have an agreement...

She likes all her animals (dogs, cats, etc..), and I like my tractors. The rule is she gets a new critter every time I get a tractor. Naturally, this is a deterrent for me on bringing every red tractor I find back home. Same goes for her!

She picked up a kitten a few weeks back, and I got another tractor. Easy enough! :)

formariz

It has been a constant struggle through the years to keep my wife from knowing how many I have. Between making sure that not all are out at the same time, making sure that visitors don't start that conversation, and ensuring that the shed doors are always closed, I have been going around feeling like a criminal :USA: . Finally unexpectedly a few months ago somehow she popped the question," Exactly how many f@#$%^&*()" tractors do you have?". Let me just tell everyone that it was not an easy answer to come up with at the same time I was trying to keep my nuts from falling on the floor.

It was a good thing she asked because I now feel so liberated and I can play with them all. :)

• Like 1

SAM58

After buying my third one this summer, my wife went nuts... :wh:

BUT, after I sold the one I had for about 14 years I got more static. :)

It went to the original owner, My brother.

So it's still in the family... :)

Going to Pa end of the month, and I have a C-175 scoped out. :USA:

stevasaurus

Geez you guys...you are making me ashamed of my gender. Maybe we oughta take a trip to Mamby-Pamby land and get you guys some self confidence. Here...want a tissue? :) Just tell her to get her shoes off and get back in the kitchen. :USA:

Worked for me...now I can sleep with my horses. :wh::) :)

• Like 2

HankB

Hide it at the neighbors place for a couple months and then bring it home. If she notices, just say "Oh, I've had that one for a long time." You've probably heard that from her, right?

Or take a page out of Steve's book but first make sure you have a comfortable spot to sleep in the garage.

Ken B

Steve that is hilarious! :USA: :)

dclarke

Steve that is hilarious! :USA::)

i have to agree Ken, that's funny. :wh:

JimD

Well Steve, with that long hair, and ya don't wear socks, I'm a little confused about your gender. :) You don't own a kilt do ya? :USA:

On the serious side, I just looked at a 520H after work today. It's a mile from my house. It's beat up, bent hood, rusty, headlights pushed back in the hood, oil and grease everywhere. When I saw the price, I frightsmiley.gif

They were asking 750.00.

DoctorHfuhruhurr

I heard Wal-Mart is having a sale on "backbones" for anyone who needs one. I've always been encouraged with my hobbies and I reciprocate. I can't imagine having to ask permission or to hide it. That's a frightening prospect.

Brrly1

Been there, done that! Way to many times if only she knew. Fortunately not.

Thats enough said if not too much already. See Ya, Bye, Burly :USA:

:)

B-8074

Those are some good ideas. It's not so much as me getting another tractor, but the fact that I have rounded up 8 tractors in less than a year. I just can't help my self, all these great deals keep popping up.

B-8074

Finally got my pics to down load. Ok, here it is. It's gonna need a good hit with the pressure washer and tuned up. The only thing that needs replaced is the fiberglass fenders. What ya'll think?

4977934246_044c9999a7_b.jpg

4977934498_a272213d34_b.jpg

4977325303_77250c8c2a_b.jpg4977934982_d5e8a03a38_b.jpg4977935232_af438c30d8_b.jpg

jtmoyer

i just walk up to her and say

1. "honey, i'm going to buy another tractor"

2. duck and cover!

3. wait for the yelling to stop

4. ask where she hid the $.

5. she calms down in a few hours and asks every few weeks when i am going to get one sold.

6. i tell her i have to wait till it gets closer to winter to sell the one with the plow and it is to late to sell any with a tiller.

7. do something to change the subject.

B-8074

:) :USA:

Roger from southern Iowa

This is GOOD stuff!!!!!!!! :)

fireman

That's looks like it's in really nice shape. Good luck wit it :)