Sign in to follow this  
SearsvilleSnow

416-H and 416-8

SearsvilleSnow

I've got a 416 Hydro and a 416-8 that both have 16hp Onan twins. Great machines but they have an odd habit of just shutting off when in use. It's almost as if the key is being shut off. I replaced the 416-H key switch with a NOS WH key switch I bought at the Pennsylvania show last year, still happens. Any ideas, everything else seems connected correctly and in excellent shape. Is this a common problem? Is there a known fix? While its not the end of the world, it is frustrating. T :thumbs: hanks.

TT

The same wiring gremlins commonly found on the 520 models plague these models too, so start by cleaning all fuses, fuse holders, connectors, plugs, etc. - especially the 9 pin connector between the engine and tractor harnesses.

You'll also want to check the seat and PTO safety switches for good continuity and proper operation.

SearsvilleSnow

TT, thank you, I'll do that and report back. Thanks again. :thumbs:

jtmoyer

i found the pto switch was the prob on my 520, when pulled back all the way it tripped one of the two safety switches. if i did no have the pto engaged the vibrations would move the handle and trip the switch. it took some time bending contacts till i got it all lined up.