Sign in to follow this  
gattonde

Pond in New York

gattonde

Found a Pond Lever Steer near Rochester, New York on Craigs List. I live in Southern New Jersey, so it is a little far for me to check it out, even though I would love to have it. Is there anyone you lives close to Rochester that could check this out for me and see if it is in decent shape and worth the long trip?

Dan

Antique Lever Steer Tractor- Pond Wheelhorse?

Reply to: sale-615080088@craigslist.org

Date: 2008-03-22, 4:23PM

This is a very early large garden tractor- it was up to the Canandaigua Steam Show this year and I was told it was an early Wheelhorse or Pond from the late 1940's by another collector. What is unique about it is the lever (or tiller) is uses to steer- most early garden tractors did not have such an arrangement.

Has a Wisconsin AEH engine, model A tranny, and model A rear end which is factory for these tractors. The rims are in good shape.

This would be a good and simple restoration project. The tractor has been repainted. I need to sell it to pay for an injection pump for my truck. The price is $650 or a reasonable offer. Thanks folks.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Original URL: http://rochester.craigslist.org/grd/615080088.html

pond195520032003

Dan, thats not a pond tractor! already a discussion in the classifieds about it! :thumbs:

gattonde

Gregg,

gattonde

Gregg, thanks for the quick post. Thought it might be too good to be true.. Hic Cupped on the last reply.

Dan

pond195520032003

herd that, and not a problem! Happy Easter Greg in s.e. ohio

curly

That slightly resembles and ol Gibson Tractor that I have except is slightly smaller. If would like send me you email address and I can email photos of it.

Curly in Kaintuckee

BPjunk

After reading the head line for this post reminded me of a ebay listing 2 or 3 years ago that had not 1 but 2 RJ-58's in New York City. :thumbs: I contacted the seller and these Rj-58's were with in sight of the Statue of Liberty in the New York harbor! :thumbs: Not in a place I would want to drive a trailer into that is for sure. The seller was a estate liquidator so my guess is these were bought out side of the city and warehoused down town.

Bill in Richmond,Va.

Buzz

:thumbs: Bill, didn't you pick up an RJ and a set of Gang reel mowers in Staten Island a couple of years ago? I started to bid on them but didn't want to haul a trailer in that area.

T-Mo

After reading the head line for this post reminded me of a ebay listing 2 or 3 years ago that had not 1 but 2 RJ-58's in New York City. :thumbs: I contacted the seller and these Rj-58's were with in sight of the Statue of Liberty in the New York harbor! :thumbs: Not in a place I would want to drive a trailer into that is for sure. The seller was a estate liquidator so my guess is these were bought out side of the city and warehoused down town.

Bill in Richmond,Va.

So I wonder who got them? :D