Sign in to follow this  
Nick

D hydraulic cylinder connections size?

Nick

Ive seen it listed somewhere before but does anyone know what size/type of fittings are used on the big cylinders from a D series?

Nick

th_teardown004.jpg

catman81056

Nick I've got a D but when it comes to fittings of any kind all I know is the wrench size to take them off. Sorry I can't help but I'd bet next months rent TTerry can tell you. :thumbs:

Nick

Im with ya there Tim, if it isnt new so I know what it is Im a bit lost. :thumbs: I'll take a guess and say I thought I saw they were #4 SAE o ring fittings but my memory isnt somthing to trust when ordering parts. :thumbs:

Jim_M

Nick,

I was thinking the same thing. # 4 JIC fitting, #4 SAE O ring on one end, #4 37 degree flare on the other end. That's a standard fitting in hydraulics. I have some cylinders and hoses out at the farm, I'll take a look next time I'm out there, if somebody doesn't answer first.

Jim

refracman

Guys Wheel horse uses #5 hyd fittings,and everybody quit makeing them just about. :thumbs: Only new hose fittings you can get are the sraights. You'll have to get a #5 to #6 adapter if you need new lines with 90s at the end. O rings are still available.

C-Series14

Hey Nick...When I put the D-Series 3 pt. on my C-195, I went to Vermeer and got fittings and hoses made. I believe you might have one of those up there in farm country!!!

Nick

Ive got a shop up the road that makes lines but they dont always have all the odd fittings in stock plus the price isnt the best. Being cheap my hope was Surplus center would have what I need. But on this project the new valve price is what will hit the hardest. :thumbs:

Nick in Ohio

refracman

Nick, just a thought, old jd 140s used the same size #5 hoses and the valve block has the reducers allready, so if you can find a donor you end up with steel and rubber lines that'll work.

Im usein the lines and valve block from one on a future project for putting hyd out the front of a gt14.