Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Found a 244-H

T-Mo

I found a 244-H on Craigs list. He wants, what I think is a good price, $495. I am selling my JD 210 and I have a buyer who wants it. So I might go ahead and sell it and it this thing is still available and everything checks out I might bring this home. That is if SWMBO agrees. :thumbs:

Toro_001_resize.jpg

Toro_002_resize.jpg

Toro_003_resize.jpg

nylyon

Are you thinking of picking it up Terry? I had thought that the bigger 200 series would make for a great sno-blowing machines.

T-Mo

I'm seriously thinking about it. I have to sell the 210 first and think sweet talk the wife. She seriously doesn't want me to sell the 210 so it might be a hard sell to convince her that I NEED the 244. :thumbs:

If I do this would be the first Onan engined tractor I've owned, and it's a vertical Onan at that (Joel?). The reason why I might not get it is I don't think the attachments will interchange with it and the 314 and the C141. :thumbs: I sort of like to have a 400 series so I might hold out for one of those. But for the price on this one, it makes it very attractive.

nylyon

It's nice, but you should be able to find a 400 series in pretty good shape for about the same. I got my 414-8 with plow, weights and 42" SD deck for $200. I needed to replace the hood stand, which was generously donated to me, and a battery.

TT

Due to its relation to this:

misc2708008.jpg

My suggestion is for you to turn and walk away -- with your chin up and chest out......

but that's up to you, of course. :thumbs:

Rollerman

Terry I didn't want to come across as being negative when I read your post earlyer :thumbs:

But I'd side with Karl & TT...thats a Horse...but a differant breed altogether.

None of your current attachments would work....except maybe the key.

If you wanna do some light mowing fine...but if you part with the JD210 I'd be putting the cash in the pot & wait for that 400 series. :thumbs:

T-Mo

I think I talked myself out of it even before I read the responses here. Attachments won't interchange, the Onan vertical shaft engine is a mystery to me, I suspect the frame isn't as strong and yeah, it might make a good mower but that would be it's best function. I would rather wait for a 400 series so attachments would interchange, I get a horizontal engine, stronger frame and a more durable machine.

What was I thinking? :thumbs: