Sign in to follow this  
suxatpball

B80 DOA

suxatpball

Ok guys ive got a problem... ive got a b80 4speed. I was mowing the other day for about an hour and stopped for about 10min. I went to start it back up and the batt was completely dead (brand new batt). I jumped it and it started right up. I continued mowing for about 3min and it started to make several poping noises (back fireing) and it shut off. I checked the gas it was almost empty so I fuled up and jumped it again. Same thing it started right up and then a few min later it back fired and died. Like i said the batt is brand new, oil is good, fuel is good. I have removed all of the safty switches. Im kind of thinking its the charging sys. Can anyone point me in the right direction of how and what to start checking.

-thanks

Tim

MikesRJ

PM sent. Start at page 6.

tgranthamfd

Did it backfire through the exhaust? If so, check your B+ wire going to the rectifier. It is usually the one in the back by itself, mine is the orange one, make sure it is connected good. Mine slipped out of the connector and, In my opinion, it was the cause of the backfiring. If it is not a good solid connection it may not let the charge get to the battery.