Sign in to follow this  
Michael Bullington

Stators

Michael Bullington

how do you tell if you have a 15 amp or a 25 amp stator?

tgranthamfd

According to the illustrations in the Kohler manual, the 15 amp stator has windings of the same size on all but 2 of the stator arms and the 25 amp has windings on all arms, these both have 2 wires. It shows the 30 amp stator to have windings on all stator arms with coated wires and 4 wires out. I have been battling with this my self, my brother found this in the manual, while browsing through it on Sunday. If you need the part number for the Kohler 15 amp let me know, I just ordered one. May not help i haven't been able to find the number on the 2 that I looked at. One of the other post said it was ok to run with a higher amperage rectifier and a smaller amperage stator, but I personally can not confirm that.

Michael Bullington

Do you think my 312 has a 15 amp or a 25 amp....it has a 25 amp fuse in the fuse holder?

Fiddlestix

Do you think my 312 has a 15 amp or a 25 amp....it has a 25 amp fuse in the fuse holder?

If the engine is configured as it was when tractor was made, then the parts manual only lists one stator for your model number ( 21-12K806 ). That is Toro pt #KH10091 and lists it as a 15amp unit.