Sign in to follow this  
TT

The 400 Suburban sees daylight

TT

The faithful little "shuttle" tractor for Arendtsville was pulled out of the shed today because I finally received my wind-up starter and accessories in the mail.

To make a long story short (which isn't like me, is it! :P ) the starter won't work because of two things: The cup won't work with the K-91 Flywheel, and the crank hits the rear tire. :thumbs:

Naturally, I had the camera out there so I could get a picture of the finished product....... but since it wouldn't work, I took it for a ride and made a video instead. :P

If any of you are eating while you watch the video, you might want to stop. There's a scary guy on there with a big chew of Copenhagen in his mouth that looks at the camera and talks! :D:P:thumbs:

If you try to figure out the really shaky part..... that's when I drove it through the creek! :D

The ride on the 400!

nylyon

That is another :thumbs: video, that Suburban seems to move right along. It looked like someone didn't want to be photographed at the end too :thumbs:

TT

That's the tractor that I drove through the snow at about 20mph! When I fist bought it, I put an HH-60 Tecumseh on it and didn't have a short enough drive belt...... so I put a 5 inch pulley on the crankshaft to make up for it. :D

It was throwing chunks of snow 10 feet in the air off those little 6.00 X 12's and had a blindingly-fast top speed. (for an old tractor with sloppy steering!)

Yes........ Mrs. Robinson came out to see if I wanted her to video me riding around. Apparently she didn't want to be in my video, but she did get to record one of me. :thumbs:

Here's the one Mrs. Robinson did. :thumbs:

Rollerman

TT another good job on the video....did you make your wife run with the camera on that 2nd one?

Makes me want to get out the 401 & go cruiseing. :thumbs:

By the way...looks like a nice little area there with the hills & stuff.

Real quiet & scenic I bet.

combatmp29r

Very nice Tery :thumbs: Gonna give Ian a run for his money soon :thumbs:

Greg B.

Too much fun, TT :thumbs: Thanks for the show.

I know it's probably impolite to ask :D , but I gotta know, what in the heck is that wire wrapped around the shift lever? :thumbs:

Greg B.

Sparky

Nice vid's TT. I'll miss ya here at Redsquare after you answer the call to go to Hollywood :thumbs: .

Mike...........

nylyon

Great wheelies! I thought for sure we were going to get some more narration!

kpinnc

There's a scary guy on there with a big chew of Copenhagen in his mouth that looks at the camera and talks!

Better quit that stuff Terry. My wife says it's nasty! :thumbs:

Great videos!

Kevin

hoosier

You guys and your videos. Dang. Pictures are hard enough for me. :thumbs: By the way, where is Arendtstville? It's not listed in my Atlas :thumbs:

TT

Follw RT34 North out of Gettysburg, PA until you find Biglerville. Look a little to the left and you'll see Arendtsville. (don't blink! :thumbs: )

Buzz

By the way, where is Arendtstville? It's not listed in my Atlas :thumbs:

It's a little north of Gettysburg. Use Mapquest to find it. It has Arendtsville mailing address and a Biglerville delivery address. :thumbs:

Enter the following address:

615 Narrows Rd

Biglerville, PA

hoosier

Thanks Terry, at least I know where it is now. Too far for me.

Stigian

Very nice Tery :thumbs: Gonna give Ian a run for his money soon :P

:P:D:P

Nice vids TT :D looks like your having fun :thumbs:

Good to hear a bit of Joe Walsh on the first vid

Suburban 550

Great videos Terry. You just got to love those little mid-engine tractors.

T-Mo

I finally got a chance to view the videos. Nice, really like the vids from the driver's perspective. That's the second time I saw that truck for sale in one of your videos.

TT

I know it's probably impolite to ask :D , but I gotta know, what in the heck is that wire wrapped around the shift lever? :thumbs:

Greg B.

Impolite ???? :D It's only me, Greg! :thumbs:

That's the ground wire for the magneto. I never hooked it up to a switch, so I just shut it off by pushing the button on the points cover. I have it looped around the shifter so it doesn't get caught in the belt. :P

(It's no "show queen" -- if you look close enough, you can even see the seam where I spliced two hoods together to make one! :P )