Sign in to follow this  
horsefeathers

1956 What???

horsefeathers

Say hello to my l'il friend! Guys I said that I had a '56 RJ, I now know that's wrong! I was lookin' at Sparky's #s list (Thank You Sparky, list is great!!!) I think what I have here is a 1960, 400 Suburban, K91, Kohler 4 hp! Joined Red Square a few weeks ago didn't know a darn thing :omg: Still ain't too bright! :D L'il friend is in good shape! Someone rattle caned it w/not much attention to detail, just needs taken apart, cleaned 'n painted! Don't worrry I ain't gonna' rat rod this one! :D It's just too cute! :D I am sure you folks know what I got here, so Holler back! Thanks! :D HORSEFEATHERS!

horsefeathers
4513348242_8db8113a07_b.jpg Sorry still don't know how to post pics! Dummy

horsefeathers
4513348234_64e1829715_b.jpgAnd again! :omg:

horsefeathers
4432890197_092903dfd3_b.jpgSure wish I knew how to add mutipal pic's on one post :omg: feel like a dummy! :D one more time!

horsefeathers
4459520064_face164e82_b.jpg :omg:

tgranthamfd

Yup it's a 1960 Suburban 400. 99% sure of it.

tgranthamfd

On the multiple pictures, just copy the IMG code, hit enter, then go get the IMG code for the next one, hit enter and so on until you get all of the ones you want on there. Good job on the singles, though.

Gene_S

Nice find there HORSEFEATHERS... :omg: The tires look great on the Lil tractor... It must of spent more time inside then out. Seems like all the ones I find have cracks in the tires you can stick your hand in.

rickv1957

Nice find there! :omg: Rick

Coadster32

400 gets my vote also. Nice find indeed! :omg:

Suburban 550

Nice find. :D Looks to be a 1960 Suburban 400 you have. Don't feel bad about the picture posting, it takes a while to get used to. :omg:

WH854

I remember Hindman Farm Supply here in Butler Nice little Tractor :omg:

Chas :D

VinsRJ

Nice tractor, throttle cables still present to Boot!

Roger from southern Iowa

Very nice restore project.

Looks good! :omg:

horsefeathers

Thank You all for replying to this post! Picked up L'il Friend last summer, Neighbor said "cleanin' out barn this one needs a new home figured you could help"...ooooh yeaaa! :D L'il Friend is in very good shape and yes the tires are very nice, no dry rot at all! Choke cable is stuck, throttle works, engine runs fine just needs some tinkerin'! Got mower deck also! No real rust, spray bomb paint job saved it! :omg: Question, Is seat cover original? and did these come w/ footrests or just the round bar? Do you think the tires are original, General's if I rember rite? Thank You All for your help! Sooo.. 1960, 400 Suburban it is! One resto commin' up! :D HORSEFEATHERS! P.S. Anything you folks can think of to help me get this resto correct would be great! And again Thank You All! :D

horsefeathers

Can anyone tell me if the foot rests are missing or did these not have footrests? Looks like something's missing. Thanks! :omg: HORSEFEATHERS!

Rod(NASNUT)

I think the footrests are missing :omg: The one I have has them :D100_0308.jpg I do not have a good pic of them but they are there :D

BPjunk

The early diamond plate foot rests were a option on the RJ and Suburban series. With the Suburban series it has been offten found that if the tractor had to tool box option it also had the foot rests. There was two types of the diamond plate foot rests (the set screw types were different) and unfortunatly both had a habit of coming loose and falling off.

Wild Bill