Sign in to follow this  
ofs

hydraulic lift valve

ofs

my recently acquired 77 c 120 auto w/ a hydraulic lift for the tiller seems like it is not operating right.. since I have never run one before , here I am... when I push the lever full forward the tiller lifts..... just pushing it forward a little it seems to float down ,,yet somewhere in there it appears to have power down... then about the third lap when I was lowering the tiller oil started to come out the opposite of the lift lever almost like a pressure relief valve, with all the noise it was hard to tell what was exactly going on , but it seemed that it was in a " pressure on" condition. but it is hard for me to tell if there is a detent there,??? possible lines crossed??? or the fact that it is 35 years old and may be in need of some work??????? thanks much!

Operator

Push forward to raise and pull back to lower, no "float or detent" in the valve.

By pushing forward just a little the hyd. oil was sneaking around the o-rings, going places it shouldn't at the time.

They just don't make things like they used to, so maybe after 35 years the o-rings just may be getting bad. :omg:

Randy

refracman

Sounds like the orings are a tad worn. You can get o rings from either the toro dealer or a auto parts store to fix it up.

ofs

Thanks gentlemen,

I was looking through my manual on pg 17 it talks about rearranging the springs and valves if the hydraulic lines are ever removed, well mine are both new and I cleaned out the cylinder as well, the paragraph eludes to excessive pressure build up... but the procedure is a little unclear to me ... can anyone explain it like I was 10 or maybe 8 yr old??? ha! can this be done by cracking the hoses at the cylinder to purge the air from the system??? if you follow the procedure in the manual, do you leave it that way?? if not , for how long????? thanks much Scott

stevasaurus

I did a thread on lifts some time ago...

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=13747

..it is not the same lift...but they work the same. Hopefully it may help you. Good reading and lots of information on HYD. :omg: