Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

WH 753

T-Mo

I may have a line on a "free" 753. The guy is supposed to send me pictures of it and maybe I'll go down to Arkansas to get it if the tractor is in somewhat decent shape. If and when I get the pictures I'll post them here.

kj4kicks

Free is (almost) always good !!

Save a horse.....

nylyon

Looking forward to seeing the pictures. How big a drive is that for you? Free could be quite costly.....

T-Mo

Looking forward to seeing the pictures. How big a drive is that for you? Free could be quite costly.....

That's what would be the kicker....I'm don't know if the tractor's condition would be worth the drive. He's supposed to send me pictures and from his description it needs tires and a seat and was supposed to run last summer according to the guy he got it from. I will let the pictures be the guide rather or not I will make the trip. It should be about a 5 to 6 hour trip one way so it would cost me over $100 in gas.

Curmudgeon

I've spent several hundred dollars on "free" tractors before.

Will again I'm sure, it's the nature of the beasts!!!!!!!

LOL

Dale

nylyon

I'm just jealous, nothing free here, but I'm willing to try! :D

Rollerman

I come across a "free" 753 myself once.

It was to rusted up to save...even the block had been broke & brazed back together.

But it did have cast wheel weights, plow bracket, & other good parts I was able to put to use on others tractors.

Stephen in northern IN

T-Mo

I've just received an email from the guy, unfortunately the pictures did not go through (aol mail at it's best probably). He said the sheet metal looks original, but the seat is not original, and needs tires (I'm thinking probably dry rotted and won't hold air). He told me that the guy he got it from that it belong to this guy's mother and he used it last summer. I'm anxiously waiting the pictures. I haven't told the wife yet that we might be going to Arkansas soon.