Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

D160 lives

Rollerman

Funny thing happened tonight.

I've been peiceing together a D160 useing a K341 16HP single....tractor had a dead worn out 20HP twin when I got it.

So after being gone for the Portland show all last weekend & 14 hour days at work this past week I dedicated this day to getting the D to move under it's own power again.

I installed the "new" engine & took it for it's first drive with no cables hooked up...just set idle high...I was not impressed.

So back to shop...did some more re-wireing & installed a throttle cable.

So back out for 2nd drive....... :(

With throttle just a click below WOT I shoved the control lever forward to see what kind of reaction I would get.

I expected a big wine & nothing.....well... :D

It stood right up & would have gone all the way over if it were not for the 3 point arms at the back!

That just scared the heck out of me...glad no one was watching :P

Probably did not help that I had most the tin off the front for easier wrenching.

But thats my story....won't do that again!

Anyways here's a pic of the D160....a work in progress.

Stephen in northern IN....with a fast heart rate

0901072057.jpg

kj4kicks

Yeeeeeee-Hawwwwwwww !!!

What a ride !!

That thing needs a hood scoop !

T-Mo

There's guy over on wfm that just picked up a D-160, with I think, a 14 hp Kohler in it.

Too bad your wife didn't have the camera out so we can see your ride. :D

perry

that'll scare ya wont it?. when i first brought my 877 hydro home, i zipped out of the garage in reverse and dropped it in forward. the darn thing came right up and all i could see was blue sky. i quickly yanked the handle back and when she came down it blew both the tie-rods off. still to this day i havent fixed that hydro handle. just wants to drop full speed and go. im use to it now.

Rollerman

Perry we should cross paths some time with your 877.

I could fix that for you in about 10 minutes.

I did have an 855 flip ontop of me years ago when a homemade tilt trailer tilted at the wrong moment while loading it.

That smarted...somehow I beleive a D series on top of me would have been lights out.

Stephen in northern IN....with free mosquitoes to anybody that wants them..I will pay shipping!

T-Mo

Maybe I should add this D-200 to my growing WH collection:

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/grd/409899307.html

Though I need to put my energy and resources into the C-141.

Rollerman

Treed if it runs out decent...ie can be tuned up, tin & tires are decent he is giveing it away for that price!

Stephen in northern IN...my offer is still good on the mosquitoes?

T-Mo

Stephen,

I'm not real familiar with the Wheel Horses, yet, so I'm not that knowledgeable on values of them, but I thought that price was pretty good. But, if I brought another tractor home, I don't think the wife would be too happy at all.

As for the mosquitoes, we grow 'em big here in Missouri. We should be shipping them out of here instead of importing them.