Sign in to follow this  
pfrederi

418A hydro lift

pfrederi

The 418 and her snow chucker got a real workout this morning 18 inches

I have always been a manual tranny guy so i have a question about the hydro lift. Why does it take so long warm up and work?

I start her up in the shop which isn't heated but rarely gets much below 25 degrees.. I try to move her outside to warm up but she will not pick up the snow blower, which makes maneuvering her out very difficult.. I know you are supposed to warm up before use and I move very slowly and only about 20 feet total. The tractor moves with out any problem but the hydro lift doesn't even try to raise. After about 4-5 minutes she will start lifting and from then on it works very quickly and very stongly.

I was really irritated this morning as I had put a magnetic heater on the bottom of the transmission the night before and it made no difference. So I had to sit there filling up the shop with fumes until she would lift the blower and I could drive out....

I love my C175 8 speed and the L107... fire up and go to work....(well the L107 does, the Kohler has to warm it self up a bit before it wants to push significant snow...

Tranny fluid and filter was changed this past summer and looks pristine...

refracman

Welcome to the world of Eatons. I have found some work fine right away and others take awhile to get their act together. Hours on it nor clean fluid has any effect on makeing them wake up any sooner. Just one of them things I guess.