Sign in to follow this  
tx12788CHAS

Roller chain for a D snowblower

tx12788CHAS

The chain on my D snowblower is really bad. It is so bad that the sprocket teeth will need to be replaced by spring. That is if we dont get much more snow. Anyway! I can not read the number (pitch) on this old roller chain, If anyone knows or can look in there manual.. please help Chuck in coooleddd Wisconsin ( 20 blow 0

d180man

Hi :WRS: sorry that is one thing we dont have for the d's but if some one cant help let me know and i will see if it says what to use in the book ! but good luck on it !! :thumbs: :banghead:

bitten

Country Cadillac

Hey TX... I'm going thru the same with my D and it is a #40 and should be availabe at most good hardware stores or farm stores.......good luck....Ray

tx12788CHAS

Thank You, to all for your replys. I did not know about all the option for roller chains. I have always tried to use american made, because the imported is to soft and the local hardware store only cares china made. I can get the good stuf but I have to drive 50 miles one way to pick it up. Again Thanks..Chuck

catman81056

I have always tried to use american made, because the imported is to soft and the local hardware store only cares china made.

When I was younger I wanted to build a nice street engine for my pickup. I wanted to use after market parts and try to get the best my money could buy. When I bought my timing chain and cam gear setup I chose a Milodon true roller set. Nice and meaty compared to the factory set and at the time it was top of the line. When I started to assemble the engine I noticed that the twin roller chain for the timing set had Japan stamped in the links. I was pretty pissed, this was supposed to be American made! So I called the Milodon factory tech rep and asked him what was going on. He told me that they did loads of testing on these cam sets and he was sorry to have to say this, but that Japanese chain was the best chain they could find.

Now I put over 100,000 miles on that engine truck combo, I finally junked the truck but pulled the engine. When I took the timing cover off to look at the chain, it had hardly any more slack in it than when I put it on. Matter of fact it had less than a new factory setup.

My point is, there is just as much over priced junk made in America as any where else. Just because it's stamped "made in America" doesn't make it any better than the rest.

defed

My point is, there is just as much over priced junk made in America as any where else. Just because it's stamped "made in America" doesn't make it any better than the rest.

true, but if it says "made in China", it is usually (not always) pretty low quality!