Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Pics of my '79 C-141 Automatic

T-Mo

I don't think I've ever added any pictures of my C-141 on this forum. I picked it up a month or so back and it's been sitting over at my lawn mower repair guy's place. He's supposed to clean the carb for me and then we'll decide if the engine needs rings or rebuilding. It smokes, but it appears a lot of that is coming from the carb loading up, and it also surges a little. The hydro seems strong on it and the hydraulic lift works fine. I may just go get it.

100_0373_1.jpg

In the picture above there is a C-125 in the background, to the left. The 12 hp Kohler looks clean, but the starter is out and we used the fuel pump off it to put on the C-141. He was trying to sell that one to me for $200.

100_0371_1.jpg

Both pictures show where po painted over everything, decals, some name plates, etc. I was able to see the id plate on the tractor, though there was some overspray on it. A little cleaning would do her wonders.

Curmudgeon

Treed,

If it's carb causing the smoke, it'll be black (gas, too rich). If it's rings or the engine needs rebuilt, you'll have blue smoke (oil). So the first thing to consider is, what color smoke are you seeing?

Dale, in Michigan

T-Mo

Treed,

If it's carb causing the smoke, it'll be black (gas, too rich). If it's rings or the engine needs rebuilt, you'll have blue smoke (oil). So the first thing to consider is, what color smoke are you seeing?

Dale, in Michigan

Yes, I know. The problem is that it appears black, but I think there is some blue smoke in there. Sort of hard to tell how much, if any, with the black smoke. So, getting the carb cleaned and lined out will tell me more of what is needed. I'm thinking at least rings are needed, but I might just have the engine rebuilt.

Then when the engine is done, I might just go ahead and turn my attention on the sheet metal, and then, of course, new decals. Right now, unless one knows their Wheel Horses, it looks too generic. :D

Curmudgeon

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you, and a good handle on the work required.

Hope it's nothing too serious!!!!!!!!

Dale