Sign in to follow this  
kj4kicks

Parts tractor lands shiny side UP !

glenn27

Very --Very nice work! You should be proud. My little messin' around on

The C-120 I'm going tru now pales in comparison to your work....

Glenn--hidin' his head under the covers in Va...... :thumbs:

kj4kicks

Don't worry Frank, That little '69 Commando will be there. It's not overly pretty.

Rollerman

Had a little set-back tonight. Checking over everything before I take it on it's trip. The lift cylinder is leaking at the shaft. Bad news is, this is one of the welded together models. Why couldn't it be like the '76, and have the snap ring? So tomorrow I'll check with my hydraulics buddy to see what we can do. I may be in the market for one of the rebuildable ones if anybody has a spare.

Eldon they can still be repaired...but have to be cut apart... :thumbs:

I never had that done...so have no idea if you end up with an expensive hyd cylinder. :thumbs:

kj4kicks

Dropped it off at my buddy's hydraulic shop. Should have it back in a few days.

:thumbs:

kj4kicks

Well, I had to paint the engine shrouds on the '76 yesterday, so I figured I might as well do the '75 today.

eng2.JPG

P3295570.JPG

The lift cylinder should be ready tomorrow, so I can button everything back up. Then it's time to take a little ride on the trailer. :thumbs: Kinda hate to see her go....

curly

Those are beautiful Wheelhorses and your friend should be very proud to be an owner of such beauty.

Congrats on such artistic works of beauty.

Curly in Kaintuckee

nylyon

Eldon for a parts tractor you have done an outstanding job. It was great to see these tractors progress from when you bought them until now, it's amazing. As you know, the C-160 is my sentimental favorite and I have been envious that you had 2 to begin with, but in awe on how well you restored them.

Although they are not mine, I am sad to see them go, I will miss the updates on their progress and of course seeing a pair of stunning C-160 Automatics. I'm sure the new owners will appreciate the attention to detail and the pride you take in your work!

We'll miss ya lil C-160's.... :thumbs:

T-Mo

Eldon,

Again your work on these is simply amazing. :thumbs: I'm in agreement with Karl, it's sad to see these go. :thumbs:

bustedglass

Eldon, all I can say is WOW ! ! ! Wish I had the money for one of your restos'. Your work is unbelievable, to say the least. Can't wait to see your next project. :thumbs:

kj4kicks

Well guys, this one went to it's new home last night. The new owner is very happy !

Finished installing the rebuilt lift cylinder and loaded it up. Got there and drove it around awhile. The lift valve is now leaking a little bit. Nothing major, and should be an easy rebuild. I put a set of Gator Blades on it, and wow ! That's the first set that I've seen in action, and I was impressed!

BTW, part of the deal is that I could borrow it in June if I want to. If I have room, it will be at the show.

nylyon

Sorry the valve is leaking, but you're right it should be an easy fix. Don't forget, with the sale of any members tractor comes a free lifetime membership to RedSquare :thumbs: