Sign in to follow this  
landrover55

K341S Rectifier/ Regulator

pfrederi

If they are both 15 amp systems they should interchange. Look up the spec numbers of both engines on the kohler web site and check the stator part # just to be sure.

The K series service manual describes the different charging systems 10 amp vs 15 amp etc very well and will give you all the diagnostic tests (one more time) just to make sure before you buy a stator.

Reason I say that is it is odd that you have continuity without excessive resistance between the leads and no shorts between the leads and the block and yet have no output...not impossible just a bit unusual.

Edit

Terry beat me but I was begining to think magnets could be a problem as the stator seems to pass it's tests....

418a

Thanks Terry,Between the holidays its been busy !! plus 2 feet of snow which we never get!! Hopefully get out in a day or two to find out what going on.Brian

418a

Thanks Paul, You know the tests on the stator checked out .When Terry said something about the magnets not glued and there on the stator, :notworthy: I'm going to find time and get this piece apart,I'll let you know what I find out.Brian

Save Old Iron

418a,

not to :notworthy: but make sure your meter is working properly. Your getting a lot of "0"'s on readings that should show some value other than 0.0 something.

Maybe try measuring the VAC from a wall socket in your home - should read 110 - 120 VAC. That would check out your meter on VAC.

Measure your tractor battery for 12 VDC.

Weston makes top shelf stuff but I can't seem to find any reference to this model meter on the internet. Don't spend time banging around on a flywheel if its the meter spoofing you.

TT also gave a great recommendation with the magnets on the flywheel. I had that happen to a 25 HP kolher engine last year. I was speechless when I took off the flywheel and saw ALL the magnets neatly siting on the edge of the stator with NO damage inside the engine. I figured if one of the magnets let loose it would have sheared off the others and broken a few of the support bosses throughout the top of the engine. Sometimes I get lucky. This was one of those times.

418a

Thanks for the heads up SOI,Just got home from the inlaws,glad to be home :notworthy: I'm going to start on this first thing in the morn.Brian

418a

Ok Got the flywheel off :notworthy: Out of the 6 magnets on it, one was on the stator,pulled it off and can I glue this magnet back on the flywheel???Thanks Brian

Jim_M

Yup, just use good epoxy and make sure you get it in the exact spot that it belongs in, and facing the same direction. Make sure the rest of the magnets are good and tight while you have the flywheel off.

418a

Alright,Got everything back together and same problem :notworthy: I'm just going to get a new stator :thumbs: Thanks for your help everyone. Brian