Sign in to follow this  
geoff

312 Snowplow Question

geoff

Hey Everyone,

They're calling for a little of the white stuff here in MD on Saturday and while I've already installed my blade, I've noticed a minor issue I'd like to try and resolve. When I have my blade lifted off the ground, I've only got 1-2" of clearance. Is there any easy way to make an adjustment to this so I've got closer to 3"?

I see there is an eye hook under there that is not easy to access that could give me an extra half inch, maybe more. I was also thinking about fabricating a new bracket between the lowering arm and the blade mount with a slightly shorter bolt pattern.

ALSO, has anyone ever had an issue with the handle that allows you to pivot the blade hitting the muffler when pushed forward? Perhaps the replacement muffler (before my ownership) is incorrect -- it mounts along the top of the head instead along the corner of the block.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. BTW, my tractor is a 312-8 (21-12K805), manual lift.

Thanks!

Geoff

Horse Fanatic

If you remove the verticle panel just above the shift plate you can easily access that nut on the eye bolt. You can gain more lift by tightening the nut on the eye bolt and removing slack from the chain.

If the handle hits the muffler, just bend the handle away from the muffler.

Glenn

Cody

The handle might just be bolted on backwards which would cause it to hit the muffler.