Sign in to follow this  
418a

charger 10

418a

I picked up a charger 10. :scratchead: How can I tell if the trans is good if it doesn't have a motor in it?Doesn't have fluid around any of the seals,it looks tight!Any help would be great!! Thanks Brian

pfrederi

No for sure way to test it as you can't heat it up. May be dry around the seals because there is no fluid in it :scratchead:

With the valve set to drive try to jam the input pulley (a wedge, a clamp or a belt wrapped around it) so it won't turn then try pushing the tractor...should be stiff resistance...

418a

Paul,Thanks for that info!!I moved the valve to move the tractor and put it back there is a resistance there so you think it will be alright???? I'm thinking about repowering it with a 4 HP,something to play with until I find a 10 for a GOOD price.Need a hood for it though.Something to pull a trailer around.Brian

can whlvr

its vertually impossible to tell utill u put a motor in it and run it for a while,the 4 hp wont be enough to get full pressure,i have a c120 with a 6.5 in it and it will drive around but it is not near enough.

418a

Do yo think it will move at all? Waste of time. Brian

TT

If the 875/876/877 models could use an 8hp engine to power the hydro and a 36" (or even 42") mower deck simultaneously, there's no reason why a 4hp engine can't provide enough power to run the hydro unit enough to "putt around".

418a

Terry,I'm Puttin around can't get my girls off it Pulled a trailer and all :notworthy: Brian