Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Mowed for the first time....

nylyon

Well this morning I got bored, so I took out the C-120 with the bad tires and PTO still apart (yeah I know I got a little lazy). I then took the 414-8 out, took the AG's off, the PTO Bell (interesting the 414-8 didn't have a spring in there), the mower deck and mule drive. Put them on the C-120 and mowed the lawn. That's probably the first time in years that its done real work and it did great!

I was happy to get it out there doing something, but now I just have an itching to get it a deck for itself. I went to TSC to get the PTO bearings and a tube for the deflated tire, but they had nothing. Looks like I'll take a trip to the local Toro parts department and get some parts on order.

Sparky

Boy I bet the 414 musta went into shock as you started strippin her down for the new girl in the barn! But yer right to go with turfs on the new tractor. Is it for the kids to mow with as they get older? If so a 36" rear is the way to go.

Mike....

nylyon

Yep, it's for them. I would love to get a 36" RD deck for this tractor, nice and compact 12 HP could power it just fine.

CHARGER9AUTO

Well this morning I got bored, so I took out the C-120 with the bad tires and PTO still apart (yeah I know I got a little lazy). I then took the 414-8 out, took the AG's off, the PTO Bell (interesting the 414-8 didn't have a spring in there), the mower deck and mule drive. Put them on the C-120 and mowed the lawn. That's probably the first time in years that its done real work and it did great!

I was happy to get it out there doing something, but now I just have an itching to get it a deck for itself. I went to TSC to get the PTO bearings and a tube for the deflated tire, but they had nothing. Looks like I'll take a trip to the local Toro parts department and get some parts on order.

Karl, I have a 37" Wheel Horse snow thrower from my '68 Commando 8 I traded to Bill Pearson for two '79 C-121 AUTOMATICS if your interested . Ben

nylyon

Hi Ben and welcome aboard. Where are you located, I was planning on putting the 42" blower on the C-120 this winter but having its own would be good to have.

T-Mo

Hi Ben and welcome aboard. Where are you located, I was planning on putting the 42" blower on the C-120 this winter but having its own would be good to have.

That's a good question, where is everyone located? Maybe I'll or someone else will start a thread with that as a topic. Also one for occupation, etc., though some may not like to post things that personal.

BTW, I'm located near a small town in east central Missouri, really not much use for a snow blower in my area, though a snow blade would be more appropriate. We get snow, just not a lot of big snows in my area. Though in 2002 we got 18 inches in two days just before Christmas that year. Most of our snows are 2-6 inches type.

CHARGER9AUTO

Yep, it's for them. I would love to get a 36" RD deck for this tractor, nice and compact 12 HP could power it just fine.

Karl, I live in Massachusetts but I will be attending the Wheel Horse show next year I will bring the 37" snow thrower with me it's from my '68 Commando 8 when I bought the tractor . Ben

T-Mo

I mowed for the first time officially with the 314-8 today, mowing my mom's yard - she has about an acre that needs mowing. The WH did great, even in the area where the grass gets tall due to a water pocket just below the ground surface.