Sign in to follow this  
perry

picked up another 6 speed

perry

i save one 6spd from the dumpster the other day now i have another. just picked this up for $100 today. guy says it has a 12hp kohler but im not sure yet. he assured me this one ran but has been sitting ahwile. the model # is T 1067. i cant get the # to come up on the toro site.

i guess this would break down to be 10hp - 6spd - 1967.

oh ya, the dumpster raider 10 from the other day runs and drives like a champ :D . got'er going this morning.

now this 1067 will be my sunday morning project to get running.

not to bad lookin. never saw that style mower belt hook-up, its new to me.

different from my other 67...

misctractorpics032.jpg

misctractorpics031.jpg

misctractorpics030.jpg

nylyon

Perry, you've had a very productive week / weekend! Good haul, that one looks sweet too. So the dumpster tractor runs, wonder why someone would dumpster a good working tractor? And a better question is why don't they toss them in my neck of the woods?

Curmudgeon

That's not a T, it's a 1. try 1-1067, or simply 1067.

Everyone makes that same mistake, including myself with the first few I had.

Dale

nylyon

yup, I pulled it up with just 1067.

perry

well this one runs good :D . now just have to do the finishing touches and also see why the deck is froze.

kj4kicks

Hi Perry, Nice find ! Please bear in mind, I'm no expert, but I'm not sure that's a 1067. I have a 1077 that's all original. 1967 10HP hydrostat. The PTO looks the same, and the hood is similar. Otherwise, they are way different. Just a few things I noticed: Your's has the running boards, mine has the stirups. The rear fender/seat arrangement looks alot different. The hood decals (mine are woodgrain, but maybe that was an option?). The belt cover on the deck, and the steering wheel are both different than mine. Please don't take that as "picking", just trying to head you in the right direction. I think your's may be newer, but again, I am no expert.

In any case, enjoy the ride !

Eldon.

Curmudgeon

Good catch there, Eldon. On going through my pictures, it does have more of a Raider look to it. Numbers on those would be 1-6051,1-0301, 1-0360. 10 horse models with Kohler engines at least. If it's a 12, other numbers apply.

Can you post the numbers on the engine?

Of course with models this old, transposing of parts sometimes occurs.

Dale

perry

i forgot to tell ya the guy said he put the running boards on. the motor is a 10hp k241. it is a 1967. i betcha the decals where replace with raider's. he said he sandblasted and painted this and bought alot of new parts for it. then he got a new tractor and this one has been under a tarp for too many years. the steering wheel has been changed and the seat springs are on backwards, and i dont think seat springs came on a 67 either. he must have had a newer parts tractor and did some swapping.

Curmudgeon

Okay, I've done that. More than once. People ask me what model Tall Girl is, and there is no one simple answer. Ditto for C-Horse, she's half C-141 half Commando 800, but at least she's only from TWO.

Dale, in Michigan

Sparky

I think we all have a tractor thats been built with parts from other tractors. I have a 1981 GT2500 with a Kohler 10 out of a Charger and the rear fender pan off a 1970's C series and a :P Craftsman seat and the Craftsman seat springs.

Mike...proud of Frankentractor :D

Rollerman

Karl I hate to say it ...but I can see how they end up in the dumpster.

Not to many people out there want to fix stuff anymore..rather throw it away then go out & buy a new "better" something at Wal mart.

LOL...my parents came out recently to the house & all my Mom could think about my tractors is "why do you save this junk" :D

Dad doesn't think the same.

In fact he mows/plows with a clean 310-8 I found him...why his 3 year old Craftsman mower sits broken normally.

Also Eldon....Wheel Horse used the wood grain "style" decals on all there hydros from about 1976 to 1969

I've been watching a 1077 down the street at a friends , waiting for the right price :P

Stephen in nothern IN

HPIM0995.jpg

nylyon

Now did you give your dad the hat just for the pictures? I think you meant 1966 - 1969, not 1976.... :P

As for throwing them away even if I weren't into it, it would kill me to pay top dollar then toss it away. Then again, if folks didn't do just that, we wouldn't have half the stories we do now would we :D

Rollerman

Thanks on the correction Karl...yes 1966 to 1969...darn big fingers.

I wouldn't think the people pitching these things in dumpsters are the ones that paid big money.

More than likely several owners.

The first time I seen a D series was on top of a scrap pile at the local yard while turning in some myself...nothing red.

By the way I gave my Dad that tractor for Christmass back in 05 & the hat too.....Funny...Mom's dog ate the hat?

Stephen in northern IN