Sign in to follow this  
WH69GT-14

Help!!

WH69GT-14

Hi everyone I'm hoping someone here can help me figure this out. My 1972 GT 14 sprung a leak in the rear axle seal so I've tried putting in another rear and pump that I got awhile back out of a 1969 from Rusty and it works (on blocks, haven't put tires on yet) and sounds good except for the lift cylinder isn't working. I've found all of the manuals and have read everything I could find pertaining to this problem here and I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. The manual wasn't exactly clear as to where to attach the second hydraulic line but I think I've got it the only feasible place it can go and since everything else works :scratchead: Wondering if it needs to be bled or something but can't find a bleeder valve or anything in the manual about it. Any ideas?????

Sarge

On the '69 hydro, assuming it has the t-shaped tow valve, should have a rear port facing into the tool box , that is one . The other is the most rearward of the two ports that are directly on top, these are 9/16" straight thread o-ring boss ports, not the hex plugged ports .

Sarge

WH69GT-14

Thanks, Sarge, for replying. I don't SEE a tow valve anywhere (unlike on the '72's) and I think possibly someone switched pumps out at some point? If someone has not switched it out, where would the tow valve be?

bitten

On the top left(faceing rear of tractor)side toward the rear.

WH69GT-14

Found it, pumps shot, has been since before it got to me since it's always been able to roll easy since the day I got it and wasn't in the right position :hide: Back to the drawing board :scratchead:

P.S. Tow valve is actually on the back and it's just a bolt on this one

Sarge

If it's a bolt type that is inside the toolbox area it needs to be screwed all the way in clockwise-actually a needle valve. If that doesn't help the pump issue it may be time to replace it . Also, there is an old bulletin out there about a small allen plug that sometimes can fall out and cause a sudden and total loss of pressure. Look inside one of the front ports facing forward for a very small allen head buried down , horizontally , inside that circuit . If the plug isn't there, remove the plug at the very top front corner and shine a light inside , it may be in the bottom of that circuit and can be retrieved with a small magnet . Once installed back in it's correct hole (horizontally) the pump will work again. I almost forgot about this, my old original pump just stopped one day and a search on Google yielded this bulletin.

Sarge