Sign in to follow this  
M550

5Xi wheels

M550

Hi everyone,

I have 1 question concerning the interchangeability of wheels on my Toro 523Dxi. I would like to know if the John Deere wheels (back) will fit the Toro?

:hide: I doing this the other way around: I bought the wheels with tires on Ebay and am wondering if I did wrong? :ychain:

Tire dimension are the same: 23X10.50 - 12. On the Toro they are turff on the JD wheels they are Agriculture type. JD wheels are 5 holes as well.

Any idea or answers to keep me sane?

Thanks to all in the know :scratchead: .

:ychain:

Didier

bitten

The bolt pattern should be the same. The only thing is I dont know about off set, It might be differant.

M550

@ Bitten.

Thanks for the quick reply. At least the bolt pattern is right!

:scratchead:

Didier

dr74go

M550,

I agree with bitten. Most lawn tractors, of this age, seem to use the same bolt pattern. I have a 520-H. I tried to use rims and tires from a Cub Cadet on the 520-H, but they would not work. The offset (backspacing) was different. The center of the 520-H rim is offset mostly to one side. The center of the Cub Cadet rim was nearly centered. Because if this difference, the Cub rim and tire would hit the inside of the fenders before it would bolt to the hub.

Your 523Dxi may be different than my 520-H. They may have changed the rearend or axles and changed rims. The easiest way to check, with out removing the rims and trying them is to measure the distance between the center of the rim and the outer edge. The difference on the 520-H rims and the Cub rims was around two inches (this is from memory, so it may be more or less). This is a significant difference.

D.L.