Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

Tractor shows...starting one

Rollerman

Has anyone here every hosted or started a tractor show.

I ask because are town park is pretty large & I am considering doing some leg work on this.

Just to see how far I can get & who would attend.

Just thought I'd get some opinions here.

Stephen in northern IN

TR_DIGGER

I will be glad to help in some way to help get one going.

TR :D

Rollerman

Ty glad to see you are getting involved with Red Square!

Thats a fancy avatar too by the way.

Will have to but heads & see if we can put a Michiana area show together.

combatmp29r

Stephen, your not far away at all I'd bring a few verts up to give it some class :D

No seriousely I would bring a couple tractors and attend.

chevelletown

Count me in. :P I'll help any way I can. Never been to a show before, do they give out trophies? If so I'd be willing to donate some, my company makes custom trophies. Dauby, the buddy that stopped by with me, would most likely bring a tractor or two.

TR I like that avatar :D

Rollerman

Hey guys Ty "TR" & I are friends & have thrown ideas around a few times about putting a show together somewhere in the greater South Bend,IN area.

Joel & Ken I appreciate the offers!

Ken no trophies necessary...the reward in being involved in this hobby is the friends you meet. :P

It's all just an idea right now & would be open to all garden tractor makes. :D

There are a few hurdles like finding a location, a time that doesn't interfear with other shows or holidays & so on.

kj4kicks

I'll be there in spirit.... unless I can time a "road trip" to make it to Indiana.

combatmp29r

Stephen if you feature green ones I bet Terry would make it from MO :D

Rollerman

Eldon it be pretty small time show to warant a trip from PA...but if it happens your more than welcome to bring the 1077 & the C520!

Joel yes there would be green tractors....might even have one myself to show soon. :P

Ty is up north of South Bend & I'm way east so were still throwing ideas where we might have one?

I may have to talk with the town council about the use of the park here in town. :D

Brrly1

Stephen You can probably count some of the TRi-State guys in. Carl, Steve and myself for sure. Maybe Marv and a few others from N.W. Ohio Burly

T-Mo

Joel yes there would be green tractors....might even have one myself to show soon.

Stephen,

Holding out on us, huh? Did you find that 140 H3 you were looking for? :D

Ty,

I was going to comment on your avatar before, but didn't get a chance until now. I love it - that spinning wheel is a nice touch.

Joel,

There doesn't have to be any green there for me to come. But, there has to be something there for the wife - I need a hook for her to get her to think SHE WANTS TO COME! :P

Nick

Stephen,

Have to get the show guide and see what else is going on. I forget how soon they come out. At least we know PA is June 20-21 and I think Constantine is still the last weekend in July. Did you think about just meeting at a local show like Lagrange?

Terry,

South Bend has some attractions to help with the wife but might end up costing some cash. :P Stephen would know more about the area but it is close to Shipshewana and they have Amish stuff and the big flea market and auction place.

Shipshewana attractions

:D Bit off topic but when it comes time for the PA show they have to many attractions to list. Just a couple would be the outlet mall at Gettysburg and if they reopen there is the Boyds Bear country. Also took me 4 years to try some but the show is surrounded by orchards and most years the Sweet Cherries are ready during the show. First year I took a couple quarts then the next year I took a case. :(

Gettysburg outlet mall

Boyds bear country

Rollerman

NIck don't hold me to this...but I don't think the park space is availabe any more for the Constantine,MI show.

Last I hear it was going to be merged with the Jones show in Jones, MI?

Again this is what I have heard, but do know they have built on the empty lot south of the pavillion at Riverview Park & have also repaved the street.

I did have a show guide for 06 season but didn't buy one in 07...I'll be looking for one this year though.

Also good point about the local tourist attractions. :D

Nick

Stephen, Maybe things changed for Constantine I have not talked to Joe for a while. Come to think of it Joe would be someone you could talk to about starting a small local show in Indiana.

BPjunk

Steve,

1) First have a meeting with a few tractors to see just how much interest there is.

2) Form a commitee or elect officers to delegate work or duties.

3) Rasie funds.

4) Insurance, a show does not happen with out insurance.

5) Locality for a show.

What I have told people before is try to get in with a organiztion that already has a event going on and see if you can join in, this will get you on your feet.

If you have a site in mind check with the people who own the property and see what help they can give.

Steps one through five is how the Wheel Horse Show got started, there was a lot of out of pocket exspence the first year.

Bill in Richmond, Va.

TR_DIGGER

Thanks chevelletown & treed, I did that avatar during a cold winter week last year.

I have had this idea kickin my head for some time now. So I guess we need to find some people to make up a commitee to see if we can even pull this together.

So I am one onboard...

Ty

Rollerman

Just an update here...today I talked with my towns park manager about useing the park for a show.

I was told to pick a date....man I tell you..some people are tuff to work with!

Anyways I'm going to explore some of BP's advice...insurance & funds.

Also there is a pretty strong garden tractor pulling club in my area "north central IN" thats based right here in Millersburg.

http://www.freewebs.com/ecgtpa/officerstechcomm.htm

I'm going to make some phone calls with there cheif & see what their dates are for pulling here...they normally have 1 or 2 pulls a year here in town.

Maybe if I can set something up to coincide with one of there pulls I'll have a show? :thumbs:

Buzz

Sounds like a plan to me :thumbs: . Good luck.

Hoosier Cadet Puller

Hey Tickster!

I am on the board of ECGTPA and my closet friend is the Pres. We have a pull in Millersburg on or near the 16th of August. I believe. It is not set in stone yet.

Here is our site - that I maintain.

www.freewebs.com/ecgtpa

We are on the plane of approx. 24+ pulls this season.

BTW

Constantine is on our schedule tentatively for July 26th.

Everyone visit our site. And enjoy!

HCP....

Attached Image

post-10-1210990268.jpg

Rollerman

HCP....I actually have that link on my favorites list.

I was told the park would not be available that weekend?...may try for another "Farmers Day" thingy again this year & have it reserved for that.

Also you may want to double check on the Constantine,MI show.....I don't belive it's going on anymore?

Just want to make sure you have double checked on the Constantine event though.

I hate to see it go...it was a nice show.

Hoosier Cadet Puller

Hey!

We pull over on a side street just to the south edge of the park. There is a large field there where we all park to unload. I don't know who's field it is but if you mowed down a large area of it you may be able to have a show right there with us. I think that would be really nice. There are a couple of other areas right in that vicinity that may work for you too. I can't believe that there isn't plenty of room near the antinqe tractors and that stuff for you guys.

I haven't heard yet anymore of the Constantine pull. I will post something as soon as we are made aware of their intentions too.

H C P....

Hoosier Cadet Puller

Hey Tickster!

We just got official confirmation tonite that Constantine is no more. I think you should try to and set a wheel horse show in Millersburg with the group from Constantine....

HCP.....