Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

C-160 progress

Doubletrouble

That's a great lookn tractor!! Someday I will do a complete restore on one but I need more than one first. I like using mine to much to lay it up long enough to do that.

gwgdog66

That's a great lookn tractor!! Someday I will do a complete restore on one but I need more than one first. I like using mine to much to lay it up long enough to do that.

I'll second that :hide: That is a really good looking C-160 :scratchead:

HorseFixer

I saw that tractor at the show Karl, Eldon did a nice job on that! :scratchead:

kj4kicks

Sorry Duke, Karl's C-160 has never been to the show (yet) . Maybe someday...

bustedglass

Maybe time for some new glasses Duke :hide: :scratchead:

nylyon

No pictures, it's raining ang the garage is a mess. Eldon sent me the remaining decals (thanks again E) which I needed to complete the decal portion. There is still one decal which I am debating putting on. There is the decal which goes on the lower right portion of the hood and gives the "Warnings" and such. For some reason I don't remember my Dad's having that decal, but it would be like him to take that one off :hide: In any event, I'm on the fence, do I put that one on, or leave it off?

I have decided that I am going to paint the lift lever red, I think it will look better. I'll get some decal pictures when the sun comes out this weekend!

Still waiting on one last part :scratchead:

Indy w h

Looking good !!!! Keep up the good work :scratchead:

bustedglass

Put the decal on Coach :hide::scratchead: Just my .02

HorseFixer

Sorry Duke, Karl's C-160 has never been to the show (yet) . Maybe someday...

My Mistake.... Eldon didn't you have one at the show? :hide: Last I heard Redbird was gonna buy it, And then didn't. :scratchead: Anyways I thought it was a C-160 and figured maybe it was Karls or I thought someone told me that.

Ooookay sorry for the confusion :ychain:

kj4kicks

Close but no ceeeegar, I had the C-120 there (which USED to be Karl's) with the cultivators on it. The other was the Electro 12.

Karl, how about putting the decal on a magnetic back, so you can take it off or leave it on.

KyBlue

Good progress!! Lookin good there Karl!

clintonnut

Just put it on there. You are making the tractor look all original so make it closer to original by putting the decal on :scratchead: .

Glad the muffler worked.

Charlie

nylyon

Had a little time for some decal pictures.

IM000123-1.jpg

IM000124-1.jpg

IM000125-1.jpg

IM000126-1.jpg

IM000127-1.jpg

MikesRJ

Like I said before: :scratchead:

Duff

That's one gorgeous critter, Coach! NICE work!!!!

Duff :scratchead:

TT

It sure is beautiful, Karl...... but knowing the reason you wanted it and the story behind this one makes it even better.

I did notice that the picture of the C-120 on the 1974 parts manual does not show the top rear hood decal. :scratchead:

Sarge

I'll try to remember to get a pic of my '74 tomorrow, I'm sure it has that decal in question...

Wish it looked as good as that one, very nice work !

Going out now to give mine a good, solid whack...

Sarge

nylyon

I honestly do not remember my dad's having the hood decal. It wasn't like him to remove it either, he threw a fit when I drilled a small hole in the muffler to mount a mosquito sprayer when I was 12, then went and bought a new muffler, man I still remember that yelling. So it's not likely that he removed it.

MikesRJ

I had a similar question to Vinyl Guy. My '73 10-8 has the decal on the near-left corner (looking from the drivers seat) of the hood, but he doesn't make that one. I really would like to have one in-hand before I tear the old one off to paint. There are several other decals that I cannot locate as well. If I can find (take) a picture I'll update this post.

UPDATED:

R-010.JPG

And the other "Tough to come by" stickers:

R-011.JPG

R-012.JPG

R-014.JPG

This one's fairly easy to come by

R-013.JPG

Sarge

Here's the '74 C-160's hood decals near the latch -

1255567104.jpg

1255567064.jpg

1255566928.jpg

Model 1-0480 9

Serial 1012258

Sarge

MikesRJ

On my '73 the Caution Label is under the amp meter in front of the gear shifter. The only label on the hood is the "RTFM" one.

kj4kicks

Hey Karl, Digging through the original pics of your's, it did have both of the hood top decals:

h-05.jpg

h-34.jpg

Whether or not you install them is up to you. Build it the way YOU want it, and pay no mind to the WH Police. :scratchead:

nylyon

At this point, the worst part about it is that I don't remember. Thanks for the pictures, especially the before picture E. I made up my mind, I'm going to put them on only one small problem. I just checked the decals that I have left, and these 2 aren't in there, so I guess I'll leave them off. :scratchead:

Sarge

Personally, I hate those decals . Never seen anything that looked so out of place, they just don't belong . Seriously, they look more like an "afterthought" on the standpoint of some safety officer ....

I put the new hood (dented, nonetheless) on my C when upgrading the headlights. It will probably do a fair amount of snowplowing duty and needs the lights. Amazing how much better this dented but lightly faded hood looks with no decals. The missing "Wheel Horse" down the side is pretty obvious, but those top two just don't belong.

I say, leave it !!!! :scratchead:

Sarge