Sign in to follow this  
Hoss

Wheel Horse 1054

Hoss

Found out about your web site resently have been looking for a transaxle for a 1054 or someone to rebuild it not sure if I could handle it. I took out of tractor and have had it to two different shops only to be told 6 to 8 weeks later they could not fix it get parts or what ever does not look like the the transaxle has even been split. Sure could use some advice has been in family since 1965 would kind of like to hang onto it.

nylyon

Welcome to RedSquare. I know nothing about the 1054, except they are a great looking machine, but I do have a suggestion. Along with this post, you may want to put in a "Wanted" request in the classified section of the forum.

Also, what is wrong with the trans that it requires fixing?

Good luck, :thumbs2:

Duff

We have a member named charliesd250 who, I think, rebuilds trannies and might be able to help you out. :thumbs:

Charlie, are you on the forum tonight?

Duff :thumbs2:

Buzz

:thumbs2: Like Coach asked, what's wrong with your transmission? They are not that terribly hard to work on. You can download a transmission manual from Toro that shows you how to rebuild it. Many 3 speed uni-drives are interchangeable. Your 1054 is the only tractor to take a #5047. I'm not sure if it physically larger that the more common 5053 transmission or other uni-drives.. Hopefully someone will know. If they are the same it would probably be easier and cheaper to find another transmission. If you're going to repair yours and you need a transmission manual, go to: https://lookup3.toro.com/request/request.cfm

Put 1054 for model and "none" for serial number.

The Yahoo manuals group has a manual for your tractor. you have to join and the manual is in the files section. Here's the link:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wheelhorsetractormanuals/

Good luck.

MikesRJ

:thumbs2:

And if need be I can rebuild the tranny as well. Turn-around time is usually 3-4 weeks depending on the length of time to get parts.

The tranny manual can be downloaded here as well: Tranny Rebuild Manual This manual covers all transmissions from 1958 to 1982.

Red Iron

:thumbs2:

I had mine apart before, only had the owner's manual's drawing to

work with. It is not hard to do if you're patient. A tiny bit of grease on the

balls helps to get it back together. I was lucky with mine, only needed

to polish one of the shift rails, a new ball and spring plus all seals.

Glad to have you here, a wheely gweat place to be!

Hint hint :thumbs:

MikesRJ

Your 1054 is the only tractor to take a #5047. I'm not sure if it physically larger that the more common 5053 transmission or other uni-drives.. Hopefully someone will know.

1054 had a 5047, 1054A had a 5051. The rebuild between the two is identical.

Transmission rebuild is identical for the "5053" series, which covers the 5007, 5025, 5046, 5048, 5049, 5053 transmissions.

Transmission rebuild is identical for the "5058" series, which covers the 5045, 5047, 5051, 5059, 5058 transmissions.

All transmissions in each series are interchangeable within their series, but not series to series that I know of. I could be wrong.

Case part numbers for each case are different, but the differences could be strictly internal, but I believe they are also different externally as well.

Hope this helps, and not muddies the waters more.

linen beige

Your 1054 should have the heavy duty version of the four speed. It had a beveled gear differential and longer axles. There may be some other internal differences as well, but like the other guys said, they are pretty easy to repair. I think it would be worth your time to download the transmission manual and look it over.

Parts are out there if you know how and where to look. One of the best resources is this forum.

ol550

If the problem with your transmission is the differential go to the modification section and look for the 1054. I think it is Charlie's where he modified a 4 or 8 pinnion to fit the 1054. Hope this is what you need to know, Mike