Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Toro's Current Tractor line

T-Mo

I know Toro is supposed to have the 400XT, the 5xi, and the 300 Classic in their line up. But, if you notice on their web site, there is no link to interactive manuals for these like Toro's MTD clones and their zero turns. And this past week I emailed Toro asking for information on the 400XT, the 5xi and the 300 classic. They sent me a brochure on their new MTD made tractors. I'm hope I'm wrong, but I am sensing that Toro wants or already has discontinued their good tractors for these MTD clones. Please someone tell me otherwise.

nylyon

Don't know about the other Toro lineup, but the Classic 300 series is done. 2007 is the end of the line for the Classic Wheel Horse garden tractor. I suspect that $5000 tractors are not as much in demand as the large box stores sell the lesser models for thousands less. Lots of people don't spend as much for quality as they used to, and the people who did spend for the Wheel Horse product well, they're still running so no need to buy a new one.

I've got 3 kids, and now have 3 Wheel Horse tractors for them to inherit so they may have a quality tractor when they are home owners. Humm, then what will I use.... I'd better start looking for another one :D

T-Mo

Sad, that the Classic WH will be no more after 2007. Toro should know better - I know I will never buy one of those MTD made tractors. They're butt ugly, made by MTD, and have too many cost cutting features built into them to lure me to one.

T-Mo

I got a phone call from a Toro customer service rep yesterday. Asking me what sort of product I was interested in. I should have told her, nothing now from Toro, what with their decision to just sell the MTD made Toro-badged tractors and the Toro zero turns. And especially their decision to discontinue the Wheel Horse name.

But I was civil and just told her, that I had what I needed, thank you anyways.

T-Mo

Toro's has updated their website for their lawn and garden tractors. Gone is the 400XT, the 5xi, and the XL lawn tractor. All that is shown is the two MTD made lines, and surprisingly enough, the Classic garden tractor. I know this is wishful thinking, but maybe Toro has come to their senses. :D

Toro's Lawn & Garden Tractor Line

Curmudgeon

I think Toro is simply forgetting about the common person. Concentrating on zero turn mowers, face it, most people can't afford them. Their website has gotten to be EXTREMELY heavy on the graphics, etc. making it virtually useless you can afford broadband, assuming it's even available. Which it's not in rural areas.

Toro has gone Yuppy. Typical of american companies. Ignore the masses who made them what they are, then in 10 years with the masses not buying products they either don't need, or can't afford because only the execs make a decent wage, asking the government to bail them out.

I have not gone yuppy.

I love my Wheel Horses, always will, and while Toro has shown support for them in the past, I see that time coming to a close. It'll be up the people to keep the brand alive and running. Enthusiasts like Ed Mayhew with his decals. People pulling the old ones from the weeds, and salvaging parts instead of them going into the dump, forever. That's the future of Wheel Horse, not Toro.

Dale, just being a bit pessimistic (AKA his normal self) in Michigan

T-Mo

And I think Toro hasn't really kept the Wheel Horse Classic up-to-date, though that's not necessary a bad thing. And as for graphics on a website, Toro isn't as bad as some. At least they make some of their manuals available for downloading.

As for their zero-turns, it just my humble opinion, but their residential models isn't the best. You would think since they own Exmark, that they would be the best in the residential zero turn market, but they aren't.