Lost Pup

Rockshaft Under Seat For Tiller/ Clevis Hitch

Lost Pup

I had connected my rebuilt tiller directly with cable initially but I wanted to use the clevis hitch without pulling out the wrenches.

I built the rockshaft shown with material on hand. A little R&D from all the pics here and I have one complete. I could have welded the bar to the shaft but I was unsure of the correct distance to center the arm so I put two set screws on the arm so after I hook up the chain to the tiller I can set the arm where it clear of the gas tank cutout. Ordered bearing brass so I made due with bushing made of steel. More Pics after I install and try it out.

A few Pics for those who build there own.

Comments Welcome

DSC00010.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00013.jpg

• Excellent 1

jusjeepn

That is pretty slick! I'll be interested to know if those set screws will hold the tiller over time.

Lost Pup

That is pretty slick! I'll be interested to know if those set screws will hold the tiller over time.

Remember there are opposing forces connected here, the cable thru the tube from the lift arm in front and the the chain from the tiller / hitch going to the rear. I did not see much side movement involved load wise. I find out tomorrow when I install it.

buckeye

I would loosen the set screws on the initial trial, and let the arm find it's own place on the shaft, then tighten them down

Lost Pup

Finished it up. Works great. Had a worry at first as I lifted the tiller with the seat and pan still off and the supports opened a bit as it lifted. Figured out the pan is part of the support locking the top of the arms from opening.

Also a pic of the thimble holder adapter under the tractor on the lift arm, I made that on first as the thimble is free to turn as the adapter has a bit of clearance when tightened.

The second one on the rockshaft arm I needed more clearance to the lift tube so I turned a groove in the 1 inch stock and did not use the cable thimble at all. The pic shows the clearance with the lift at full up position.

The alignment looks good at this point as well.

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

Operator

Nice job! Again well done. And you saved yourself quite a few bucks too.

Randy

Olratlr

Great job and money saved.